Saturday, August 20, 2011

Manuel Rojas ,Family Member Of IN SITU Chilean Wines Of Aconcagua Valley & Lunch @ PALENA W/DIMITRI In July 2011


Lunch with Manuel Rojas a family member of IN SITU and ALMA wines of Chile was a real treat for me a few weeks ago back in July 2011 I believe. Our local rep from Nice Legs that sells us the IN SITU wines, Dimitri Curbet was there with us, too. We had a grand meal and the wines showed beautifully, too. I always love going to Palena to dine and this was my second lunch in their new cafe operation. What a treat for me every time that I dine at Palena.


Pictured here above is Manuel Rojas that I have known for years and already blogged about here at Chatwine. Check that out, too. Normally Manuel takes me to Sorriso across the street but they are not open for lunch anymore.


There were four wines for us to try and I bought a case of each. The one that spoiled me though and took my heart, belly, and guts was the Grand Reserva 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon IN SITU. It was so smooth and elegant and can be enjoyed all by itself. Silky and smooth as anything possibly can ever be. What a surprise and great treat for me. This was without a doubt the best wine I have ever had from you Manuel. Thanks you for that and for this great lunch, too - and all the others as well in the past.


As I said before in the other blog in a former life Manuel you were in two Anthony Quinn movies and that caught my attention immediately! Wow, I'm impressed, really I am.


Manuel and I are now working on our Big-Theme Chilean Wine-Tasting to be held in our store Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com, www.clevelandparkwine.com, anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com Tel: 202-363-4265 also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ) on Wednesday, September 14th, 2011. We are involving the Chilean Embassy as well. That's from 5:30-8:30PM and there is no charge for the event. Invite family and friends. Everyone is welcome.


We are all friends of the National Zoo here just a couple of blocks away. I saw this walking back to the store after lunch and I just had to snap a picture or two of it. Love the colors : love the spirit.


Manuel, you will be our Special Guest at our Big-Theme Chilean Wine-Tasting on Wednesday, September 14th, 2011. I can hardly wait! What fun that will be. The ALMA wines will be here in the first week of September as well as more IN SITU. Thanks again Manuel and Dimitri. Cheers, TONY


I will probably continue this blog when I have more time. I have more things to say about these other three wines tasted at Palena. They were all excellent, and all deserve mention. Cheers.

































No comments: