Saturday, August 6, 2011

Jeremy Sutton Works Well The Fran Kysela Portfolio / Says " Adieu " At Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits / Tastes CORTENOVA,PAUL THOMAS,VALMINOR,SIEGEL

& CLOS DE VIGNEAU Loire Valley, French off-dry Chenin Blanc 2009 ... the headline should read.

Jeremy Sutton has been promoted at Kysela Pere Et Fils Imports and that's great for him and a bit of a loss for us. We are, however very happy for you Jeremy as you have either just had a baby son born into your lives or you are just about to. I cannot remember exactly as many of these in-store wine samplings happens every Wednesday and Thursday and they all start to run into one another unfortunately.
On this occasion you had a series of wines open for Eon and me to try : 1) the CORTENOVA Italian Sangiovese red, the 2) VITAS dry red , the 3) VALMINORE 2010 dry Spanish Albarino white from Tias Baixas, the 4) Paul Thomas dry red French Cotes Du Rhone 2009 and the 5) Clos Du Vigneau Loire Valley Vouvray 2009 100% slightly off-dry Chenin Blanc. Many winners here , and all really great values, too. Many that we sell and have sold now for many years. The two " new " ones are the CORTENOVA dry red Italian Sangiovese and the VITAS. I think that the only one that we have never used before is the VITAS? I will have to look more into that Jeremy with Mark our new sales person that you brought to the store recently. Thanks for all your great service over the years. We all wish you well. I also know that I will call you from time to time just to say " hello ". I told you that already and you said that you were cool with that. Good.



Jeremy checks the wines before he serves them to me to be sure that they are sound and not corked.


He pours me some of the VALMINOR dry white Albarino that we have sold hundreds of cases over the years at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwines.com , also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ). It's been a favorite of our customers for years because of the high quality and the great value. Jeremy you even brought us the owner a year or so ago to meet. It was the first time and we had already been selling the VALMINOR for years successfully. Thanks Jeremy.


This must have been August or late July of this year 2011 as I was showing Jeremy some of my sketches that I had made with blue ink at the Outer banks when I took a week off from work. That was a real treat and I should have taken two week's off. I've paid the price for not doing so this year and fortunately the year is almost over as today it's Sunday night here at home in northern Virginia on December 4th, 2011.


Jeremy is pouring above some of the MONMOUSSEAU off-dry Loire Valley Vouvray from the 2009 vintage, the " Clos De Vigneau ". I have met the owner twice from this property and I believe that he has done an in-store wine-tasting at least once for us. Was that all the way back in 2002 or 2003 : I believe so?


This is a picture of the Uptown movie house across the street from Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. It shows the movie that was playing at the time and that helps to fix the date better for most of us. We do not live in a vacuum : wine also does not live in a vacuum : everything is tied together as it should be : everything has it place and time and function and joy. Oh yeah.


Here's the color of the Vouvray " Clos De Vigneau " 2009 white in the picture above and over the description of it that Jeremy had for me. Thanks for that Jeremy : that really helps to bring it all together and to give me a place to add my own notes. So much easier to remember later.


This " new " label above on the CORTENOVA Italian wines are so much brighter and colorful and they really do jump out at you and grab your attention. One might almost buy them alone for their strong and energized colors and the fun design/patterns too?!? That's the idea I believe.


I like these last few pictures of Jeremy and the color of the red wine. Judging from the one above it must be the Sangiovese CORTENOVA Italian red in my glass?


Here you are behind your glass of wine Jeremy : a bit fun and mysterious : I like it, I like it a lot being an artist and wanting to think outside the box and " add to the equation " as I like to put it and not simply duplicate it.


In these next pictures I am swirling the CORTENOVA Italian lighter colored Sangiovese in my Riedel glass with Jeremy behind it. I like how his image and face come through with the strong ceiling lights above sometimes better and more clearly than others. I am trying to capture the beautiful color of this Sangiovese. It sure is beautiful, it sure does draw my eye and my attention to it, especially when the light shines through it.


I like that grin on your face above Jeremy. You know me, you know my routine : you are ready for me. You also appreciate the experience and for that I thank you personally.


Glorious riot of red hues that swirl around and dance with the light above in my Riedel Austrian wine-tasting glass!
Ole!


Interesting composition above. I like it ... I snap and I click and I trust that I will get some interesting pictures with my camera. I always do. What a gift it is to have such fine digital cameras to work with today. Makes it so much easier and very exciting as you have to simply trust in your instinct, try and envision as much as possible, " go for it! " and of course hope for the best, too. I do all the time. This attitude has served me really well now for years : I think since 2005 when I started to first take some digital shots.


The CORTENOVA Sangiovese was good. Thanks Jeremy. I will ask Mark how much it costs and perhaps add it back to our selection of wines at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits here in Northwest Washington D.C. in our nation's capitol. And as I said I will be calling you from time to time just to check in. Good luck with your new son and with your new responsibilities at Kysela Pere Et Fils Et Fille with Fran Kysela and the rest of the team. Cheers and thanks again for everything and look forward to keeping in touch. Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn

No comments: