Thursday, August 18, 2011

Elite Selections Portfolio Of Wines In Their Wine Labels! I'm Working On This Collage For Laurent & Cindy As A " Thank You - Merci " To Them Both...

While Working With Mike Martin @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits 2000-2010 ...


I have been working on this collage for Laurent Givry and Cindy now for quite some time. They just recently got married and so I want to congratulate them on that. I have not seen Cindy in quite some time but Laurent has been to Cleveland Park several times in the recent six months or so and tasted me on a number of his current selections of both French, Spanish and Argentinian wines.




Being an artist this collage I have done over the last couple of years I believe and it is getting close to being finished. I do not work on it all the time and that is why it has taken me some time to get it to this stage. I like to do it with the labels and the artwork off of the wine boxes themselves : those that hold the twelve or six bottles of wine inside them. I remember sometimes to get the labels and artwork off of them , and other times I simply forget. That's the way it goes as I am not always mindful at the right place and time that I am working on this color that is both front and back. It will eventually have to be framed with glass on either side and probably hung up some place from the ceiling so that people can walk around it and look at both sides to see the piece as a whole. A bit of a challenge but I believe well-worth it in the end.




I only use the labels of wine and the art off the boxes of wine that Laurent and Cindy sell me from their import company called Elite Selections. I am primarily using French and Spanish labels and artwork so far. I still have some remaining space to fill so at this point I still label the piece above as a work-in-progress.




I hope to have it finished by the end of this year 2011. I should be able to do this. I will get more labels and more artwork from the wine boxes over the next four months as it is now Sunday, August 28th, 2011 ( actually just now 29th at 12:16AM ). It's time for bed and so I will finish this now and post it " as-is ". I am sure I will add to it as I go along.

Time to post this now as it is Thursday, January 5th, 2012 ( it's freezing cold outside - or almost - 35 degrees perhaps?! ) and the New Year and I am really excited about it and what it will hold. Here are lots of French and Spanish labels and the torn pieces from the foil on the bottles as well as the paper I tore from the boxes themselves. I think I have captured some real energy and emotion and color , texture and pattern here on both sides of the canvas board that I used to make this.

I still call it a " work in progress - transition and perhaps this year I will finally complete it. Who knows? I like doing this kind of work and should start some more soon as a certain order and peace has returned finally to my life here in northern Virginia. Hope everyone is well and with this piece I wish to thank Laurent and Cindy for their work with Michael Martin and me in the past at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwines.com , also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ) up until about two years ago when Mike headed to Rochester, New York. What a wonderful ten years that was working together, Mike , Laurent and many others and mysels accomplished quite a body of work together that I can genuinely say that I am quite proud of. Cheers to Cindy, Laurent, Mike and Lisa and all the others that contributed along the way like Aurelio Cabestrero that unfortunately I rarely see these days. How things have changed over the years! Who would have ever guessed. Anyway, here's to those first ten years together working hard and reaping so many rewards together : too many to even try and attempt to mention here. Know that there were many : as well as many owners and wine-makers, too. ALL things that I love being an active and productive daily artist as I am cheers. Sante, cheers et merci and thanks to all, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn

P.S. I have to make arrangements now to get it to them somehow? That can be one of my many projects this year of 2012. I like that.

No comments: