Saturday, June 11, 2011

Owner Conte Ferdinando GUICCIARDINI Of Castello Di POPPIANO Chianti & Morellino Di Scansano " I Massi " @ Downey Annual Portfolio Wine-Tasting 2009?


The Castello di POPPIANO Tuscan Chianti wines like the Terre Di Poppiano Chinati 2009, $10.99 and Ferdinando's wife's excellent extra virgin olive oil Antico Podere " La Costa " Olio Extra Vergine di Oliva, $37.99 a bottle.

The Conte Ferdinando has been here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelelandparkwine.com anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com also on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits also on Twitter at : cpwinespirits, too ) in the past tasting with our customers lucky enough to have been here when he was. I think that Bill McKenney brought him to the store. It was a small gathering but those that made it like Raz I think really enjoyed themselves.

Anyway, we are thrilled to represent the POPPIANO Tuscan wines here and I will ask Brennan about getting some of the half bottles back as well as so many of our customers like the convenience of opening a half bottle. What do you say Brennan? Do you have the half bottles of the two chianti in stock now?

We also have Conte Ferdinando's dry red Tuscan called : I Massi " Morellino Di Scansano. This 2008 Morellino was showing really well when I recently tried it at the Michael Downey Annual Wine portfolio tasting this past March 2011 at the Hendry House in North Arlington, Virginia. Ferdinando was not there this time but I do believe one of his assistants or relatives was and he offered me a taste. I think I drew his portrait quickly, too as I did of many of the Italian wine-makers/owners? It was fun : the energy was there, the air was charged with excitement and I drew many quick portrait sketches of everyone. I loved it. The Morellino was excellent. We sell it for $21.99 and I will be happy to show it to you anytime.

We also have the Castello Di POPPIANO Vin Santo Della Torre Grande ( $17.99 for a 375ml bottle, 18.5% alcohol by volume ) which I believe is one of the very few " great values-great tasting " vin santo's available to us and to our customers. Thanks you Conte Ferdinando for this. I just sold three or so bottles in the last couple of days. My customer that just bought two bottles yesterday said that not only are they really good and affordable but that they also make great gifts as still so very few people know about them. I agree wholeheartedly. Cheers and till the next time our paths cross Conte! TONY



Cheers and come by the store to check out some of these excellent POPPIANO wines. They are really quite well-suited to this hot and humid weather of ours now here on Friday, July 29th, 2011 here in our Cleveland Park Washington D.C. N.W. area. Take care, and drop by anytime. TONY

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go to the current posting that I just made and stared in August 2011 I believe and just posted a few minutes ago on Monday, January 23rd, 2012 here at : chatwine.blogspot.com. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn