Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nolan Hale Of Mondo Vino / Nolan Tastes Current Vintages Of McMANIS Family Vineyards CA Wines @ Cleveland Park Wines / Happy 4th Of July'11! Charles

& Nolan Visit Again This Week, June 29th, 2011 With More Bounty! this headline should finish.

THIS IS ONE OF MY ART-ORIENTED BLOG ENTRIES HERE THAT on viewing it a bit earlier today I am quite proud of. I had to post the pictures here of Nolan Hale our local rep for Mondo Vino Imports earlier while still at work and I am really pleased with the overall image and atmosphere that it gives one. I was very pleased with the flow of the pictures as I mounted one after the other as I think they tell a nice vignette of these few brief minutes that I enjoyed sometimes early this year or was it late last year 2010? It's hard to remember now. We tried a number of the McMANIS Family Vineyards CA. California wines from the Sauvignon Blanc and the Chardonnay to the Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, Petite Sirah and Zinfandel. I remember thinking how amazingly easy and delicious the Petit Sirah and now I know why it is so popular with so many of our customers. I also believe that we tried the Pint Noir as well? I will write more about this here as it was a wonderful window into this McMANIS Vineyard's wines. Thanks Nolan.



As the pictures here show this was a fun wine-tasting of the McMANIS California wines. I remember being impressed with the range and understanding more about why the Petit Sirah is so successful : it's delicious. For me it's clearly the most appealing wine that they make. I would drink all of them depending on what I was serving as the meal and who was gathered with me? That's a major factor as well.
















One of our customers loves the Cabernet Sauvignon and so we always have to have that as well with the Petite Sirah. We also sprinkle in sometimes the Pinot Noir and the Chardonnay. We will see about buying some of the other flavors this Wednesday when Nolan comes to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com , http://www.clevelandparkwine.com/, anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com also now on Facebook@clevelandparkwine.com and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ).























Nolan and his boss Charles were by this past week and we tasted some of the Mondo Vino portfolio selection of wines and discussed business present and past and future with them. They have some nice wines that we have been using quite well for the last few years and the list keeps growing. As long as there are people like Charles and Nolan that continue to give us consistent good service and that I can connect with as I do with both of them , then Mondo Vino will continue to do well in our Washington D.C. N.W. neighborhood at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. Thanks Nolan and Charles. I do miss Jeanne Moillard as Charles you and I discussed. Oh well, those are good memories and good times in the past. Jeanne now sells the LALLIER champagne and we will have that, too by the end of the year.























Happy 4th of July 2011 and think about coming by the store tomorrow ( open until 4 PM ) and buying some of the McManis wines to celebrate the 4th with family and friends. Hope this finds you all well. TONY












Being an artist I love taking all these artsy photos as I do here. I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed taking them. I may comment more here so stay-tuned.














So many of these pictures I should be commenting on from an artist's point-of-view and look above at the picture above of the lovely red color of this wine. Is it the Syrah? I think so. Gorgeous sun-ceiling light-infused colors. Spell-binding, don't you agree?!? Cheers, TONY

No comments: