Monday, May 30, 2011

Chateau Gontey Saint-Emilion Grand Cru De Laurence Et Marc Pasquet / Pictures Of Marc @ Laurent Givry Tasting W/ Our Cleveland Park Customers 2008-9?

I wrote this a couple of weeks ago with the intention of sending/ posting it and here on the eve of Father's Day ( Sunday, June 19th, 2011 ) I want to finally post this as it's now the Friday before and there is till plenty of time to come to us here in Cleveland Park N.W. Washington D.C. and get a bottle of either the 2007 or the 2004. They would be great to enjoy this Friday. My father would have loved either. I will have to drink and toast him this Sunday. Cheers and Happy Father's Day to all you fathers like myself out there. TONY



It's been nice to reunite once again with the CHATEAU GONTEY Grand Cr Saint-Emilions of Laurence et Marc Pasquet. We know Marc at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com , http://www.clevelandparkwine.com/, anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com and also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and Twitter, too at : cpwinespirits ) as he has visited us and tasted in the store now at least twice but I think more like three times.


We did not see Marc last year because of all the bad weather and the volcanic ash spill-out from Iceland that spread all over the northern hemishphere and over to Europe so that the take-off of planes was delayed. That was too bad : it would have been great to have Marc with us once again. We did get Bernerd Bouvier into the store as a result of this so that was a really nice thing, though totally unscripted or planned. I thrive on these types of occasions and so I was sad not to see Marc but delighted to get Bernard into the store anyway.




Marc , will you pour both me and my father a glass? I will drink his as he has passed away and think of him and all that he meant to me as it is on this Sunday Father's Day. Nice.




Laurent Givry pictured above.



Vignerons a St-Emilion, Gironde, France ... ce Grand Cru ( $41.99 ) 2004 is superb ... and we move to the 2007 pictured here tasted to us by Laurent Givry ...

No comments: