Friday, May 20, 2011

2007/'08 ( Boxwood & Topiary ) Tasted @ Cleveland Park Wines By Family Member Rachel Martin Of The BOXWOOD Winery, VA. 2011/Billy Joel's "Piano Man"


Funny, here I am listening to Billy Joel sing the song " Piano Man " and I'm downstairs checking my email and seeing that I got an email from the BOXWOOD Winery in Virginia and that immediately makes me think of family member Rachel Martin and that it would be a great idea to get her to the store to taste her BOXWOOD and TOPIARY wines with our customers once again?






Rachel, do you hear me? Can you hear me? Hope you read this as it will be a great idea to get you back to taste your 2007 TOPIARY if you still have any left? I really like it : it shows so well : " It's sad and it's sweet when I wore a younger man's clothes ... sing us a song, you're the piano man ( ma'am ) ... " sings Billy Joel and I continue to type quickly as we will all be watching the " Millionaire Matchmaker " dating show with host Patty soon. My daughter and wife are descending soon into our basement to watch it and I will watch it, too with them as I like spending time with them.








Anyway, as I saw the email from BOXWOOD and thought of Rachel and that she now has a wholesaler ( it's Country Vintners I believe ) and so as I'm thinking of this " and we're all in the mood for a melody .. it's a pretty good crowd for a Saturday ... the manager knows it's me that they've been coming to see to forget about tomorrow ... la la la dee dah ... sing us a song " ( more from Billy Joel's " Piano Man " hit that launched his career so many years ago ) ... pour us a glass : " you've got us feeling alright, we're all in the mood ... " ( sings Billy ) so Rachel, funny how this song parallels you doing a tasting at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363--4265 salws@clevelandparkwine.com, http://www.clevelandparkwine.com/, anthony.quinn@clevelandparkwine.com, also now on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wine & Spirits and on Twitter , too at : cpwinespirits ) here?






When are you free Rachel? Let's get Billy Joel to come sing " Piano Man " the next time you do an in-store wine-tasting? I'm a bit panicked that because now Rachel you have a wholesaler that we won't see you as often or frequently This upsets me of course as these type of things often do : or at least concern me. Oh well, a zebra can't change it's stripes as an artist shouldn't change either. Being an artist I feel strongly about this.




Anyway, there I was : " sing us a song ... sing us a song tonight ... " pour us a glass of the 2007 TOPIARY ? How is it showing Rachel? I haven't tried it for awhile and I miss that special taste. Please bring me a sip or two next time that you are in the neighborhood Rachel. " Well we're all in a mood for a melody and you've got us all feeling alright tonight ... " sings Billy Joel as I get close to finishing this totally impromptu and serendipitous email.




I've been completely swept up by the wings of this mood and this moment here in Annandale, Virginia on my Monday my day-off that I have thoroughly enjoyed on this brilliant, crystal-clear day of baby-blue skies and gentle breezes and freshness and coolness and heat without humidity. Wow, could any of us ask for anything more?!? Even this night and late afternoon have been really special. All we had to look out for were the female mosquitoes that must also be enjoying this wonderful weather.




Anyway, there I have been thinking of you Rachel and your wines and of Andrew Stover, too that I know you know. Funny, you two are linked in my thoughts somehow? I know you know each other and I don't think that you both have ever been in the store together? You should both come together ... : " and they are sharing a drink they call loneliness, but its' better than drinking alone " ... sings Billy Joel in " Piano Man " as I continue to record my thoughts and memories of times spent with Rachel Martin and enjoying BOXWOOD vineyard wines.






Rachel, drinking your wine is much better than that : it's not loneliness, it's always drinking with somebody else or a group and that's always special and never lonely at all. As a matter fact, it's really memorable to be able to share a bottle of the BOXWOOD wines with someone else ( even more when that person is someone close to you already ) and it will be fun to see you again?




I must say that I miss you coming by from time to time or calling and asking if we need anything at the store? I also miss you delivering the cases that I order. I also miss you being at the store on Saturday the same time that I am doing one of my wine classes and I happen to invite you to be a part of the wine-class and you accept? Those are some really good memories and I am happy to have them.




Here in this photo above I think you were doing a tasting of the TOPIARY 2007 and the 2008 as well as of the BOXWOOD 2008? How are the two 2008 bottles showing now? Have they softened and blossomed more? They just needed more time the last time that I tasted them ( the 2008 vintage that is ) with you when you tasted them with our customers in the store. I am sure that they are much more approachable now than they were then?






I love this photo that I took of you above. I love the whole series that I quickly took of you tasting the BOXWOOD wines. You look fabulous in these photos. I love your blouse and I love your hair and your earrings and necklace : all discreet and understated - just the right touches for me anyway. What don't I love?!? I think I have said enough.




Your BOXWOOD wines are just like their French Bordeaux counterparts and they simply need the same amount of time to soften and mature and become gradually what they are intended/ meant to be. I am willing to wait and the wait is well worth it.




Hope to see you soon Rachel. Let's do a reunion with Andrew Stover and with Lucie Morton? Cheers and hope to see you soon. Cheers, TONY

No comments: