Saturday, February 26, 2011

FOGGY RIDGE HARD Cider From Dugspur, Virginia , Owner Diane Flynt Stops By To Taste Us @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits In Wash. D.C. N.W.



I will have to find my notes on these Virginia local FOGGY RIDGE hard ciders that we had a chance to taste recently at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com also on Facebook at : Cleveland Park Wine & Spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ).


I liked what I tasted and we are ready to bring some to the store now. I don't know why we delayed. It might have been the crunch of the holiday season but now that is over and it's time to look once again at local and good products like this FOGGY RIDGE Hard Cider. It's a growing category and our customers are certainly interested in things like it here in our nation's capitol.




I am at home now on my day off and so when I get back to work tomorrow I will look for the notes I have and include them here. In the meantime enjoy some of my artsy photos ( I am a practicing artist and value the visual-colors and texture and viscosity factors of the liquids we sell, too ) and get inspired to come to the store and inquire about them. You can enjoy things now on a visual level just like you do before you actually sip anything. It's all part of the process.




Stay tuned for more including notes and prices. In the meantime enlarge the photo here below on your monitor or screen and see what we were able to taste recently. Cheers, Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn




These Virginia hard ciders are made in the Blue Ridge mountains, 24325. Go to : www.foggyridgecider.com for more immediate information and availability.




As you can see there are three bottles here showing in the picture above : a Serious Cider, a First Fruit Cider and a Sweet Stayman. The first ciders were made in 2006 and it's clear to me that we should have them here in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and get owner Diane Flynt back to do an in-store hard cider ( mostly an American term referring to apple juice turned into alcohol I believe ? ) tasting for our customers sometime soon.




Diane, if you see this comment below with your current impressions of these three Virginia hard apple ciders from Dugspur, Virginia with your notes and observations ( that's always nice for everyone to read ) : and call me to arrange a tasting at your convenience.

Cheers ... TONY




P.S. I love the day glow rims of your glasses above : they are color-coordinated with the color of the FOGGY RIDGE hard Virginia cider bottles. Nice touch - great picture above - my favorite of the bunch.

No comments: