Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feb. 2nd, 2011 Ground Hog Day In Cleveland Park N.W. Wednesday, 2011 : Andrew Stover Tastes Some Italian Wines & His SAWTOOTH Idaho, USA Cabernet Sauv

ignon That I Found To Be The Best Of Everything He Tasted Me On ... the headline should finish. Cheers ... it sure was nice to see & taste with you again Andrew.


It was a good tasting Andrew and I am sorry that these pictures came out so dark of you. Oh well, I am getting used to using my " new " Panasonic digital camera that Gregg Weir recommended that I buy and I love it but still need to learn more about how to use it to best effect.




I liked the wines from Italy and probably will buy some of them Andrew. However, as I told you we I believe are kindred spirits where wine is involved ( perhaps many other ways, too - need to spend more time in your company to know that ) and I want to spend most of the money buying from you the wines from the United States that you pioneer here in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area from states like Arizona. Hawaii, Colorado, Michigan, Idaho that are lesser-known by most people for their fine selections of wines. They are harder to sell but I believe in them as you do and want to help promote them at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com also now on Facebook at : cleveland park wine & spirits and on Twitter at : cpwinespirits - check us out - as well as my other blogs : chatpoetry.blogspot.com and chatartist.blogspot.com and the others, too : listed when you click on my View Complete Profile on the home page here and scroll down to all my various blogs ).




Andrew, it was great team work with you in the store on this last Wednesday afternoon , February 2th, 2011 as we sold this young mother and her child ( for her husband ) the two bottles of sparkling wines from Lawrence Mawby of the MAWBY Vineyards in Michigan that only produce sparkling wines ( five or so of them I believe - three of which we sell - the " Sex " - a slight blush of salmon color made from Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes ; the " Wet " - a 100% Pinot Grigio that tastes like lovely creamy-dreamy Prosecco from Veneto, Italy ( both at $20.99 a bottle ) : and the L. MAWBY brut ( $23.99 ) which I believe is a blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay and has the most weight and flavor and multi-layered character. If I could only have one of the three and I wanted the most for my money it would be the L. Mawby that I would buy. Bravo to Lawrence Mawby - you are making really fine bubbly here in the United States.

As we told the young mother in the picture above she now had two really fine bottles to celebrate with her husband instead of just one French champagne to enjoy. Don't get me wrong, I love French champagne but I do feel these two - the " Sex " and the " L. Mawby " will be real treats as well.

Cheers and let's now work on a dinner with you and your wines Andrew. What do you say to that? Cheers, TONY

No comments: