Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Drinking Chateau Fonroque Saint Emilion 1982/ Thinking Of Drinking Chateau Margaux 1981 :A Sunday Luncheon With Family & A Dear Friend Chez Lui



This was a great luncheon hosted by our dear friend Barry at his home in Hollin Hills, Virginia last year 2010 for me and my wife and son. My daughter was invited but alas she could not attend.




As you can see so far from the photos our host was most generous and we enjoyed a feast with him before our walk through the neighborhood and saw Roberta Flack's old home here as well as her music room where she would sing.




We also enjoyed from my cellar at Barry's an amazing bottle of the 1982 Chateau Fonroque Grand Cru Saint-Emilion that was drinking beautifully after all these years of having been properly stored.




I also brought out this bottle pictured above of 1981 Chateau Margaux that was just enjoyed recently by my wife and I clebrating our 30th anniversary of marriage at Lavandou French provencale food in Cleveland Park N.W. Washington D.C. WE drank it on February 6th, 2011 - Sunday - Super Bowl evening!




My hand=painted bottles above that I gave to Barry and Kathleen years ago. The bottle above is the Georges De Latour Private Reserve 1082 Cabernet Sauvignon that I painted with acrylics. What was it like? I cannot recollect exactly now. Pity, would have been fun to include that here. So many wonderful wines, so many wonderful people and meals and memories, too ...




Cheers and enjoy these pictures now. I will add more later as I have time. TONY













No comments: