Monday, January 17, 2011

Sara Shaw Wine-Maker @ DAEDALUS Cellars Willamette, Oregon Here 1/11 & 15th, January 2011 : Tasting & Visiting For Very First Time @ Cleveland Park



This was a pretty amazing experience for me : two times in one week seeing wine-maker Sara Shaw : Tuesday, January 11th, 2011 at noon with wine rep Tony of Nice Legs where I got a chance to meet Sara and try her many wines ( I wrote about this in my store email sent out to our customers that day and you can find a copy of that email now on our web page at : www.clevelandparkwine.com - as well as more pictures I downloaded there today - Monday, January 17th, 2011 - and on Saturday, January 15th, 2011 at 8:45PM or so when our wine rep Dimitri Curbet from Nice Legs brought Sara back around to meet Chris Barker and to finish our unfinished business fro the first meeting : i.e. Sara did not sign our wine-maker/owner poster that she is holding in her hands in the picture above , sign our guest book ; and I did not get a chance to take more pictures of her using my new digital Panasonic camera and I did not get a chance to do any portrait sketches of her as I like to do.




On this second visit of Saturday I did in fact get a chance to accomplish with Sara's help all of the above : thanks Sara and thanks Dimitri for stopping by. I will soon add the pictures that I took on Tuesday, January 11th, 2011 with a disposable camera that I bought from the CVS Pharmacy. I have no idea what I got with those 27 pictures. I will have to take them and have them developed this week as I am dying to see what I got especially because those include pictures of the wines we tasted with the labels and the bottles and the swirling wine. I am sure that they will provide a great contrast to what I have here now from Saturday's visit.




I understand that from talking with Dimitri earlier today, Monday January 17th, 2011 that when they left on Saturday night that they went over to Ripple restaurant and had dinner and enjoyed looking at the seven or so quick portrait sketches that I drew withing ten minutes or less and photographed with Sara before giving them all to her as my gift for such a wonderful visit and tasting. She seemed quite pleased at the time and seemed to like two of the sketches especially.




Dimitri told me that they had fun looking at them all at dinner and that they were quite surprised how all of them captured Sara - more than they thought at first glance in the store. I'm glad that they liked them. I sure had a blast drawing them so quickly and only wish that I would have had an hour more to draw more as I was just starting to get going when they had to leave.

I love this picture of you above Sara. It's one of my very favorites of the evening. What a smile.




Sara Shaw you are the wine-maker for DAEDALUS Cellars Oregon wines made in the Willamette Valley. I got to try seven or eight of them : pretty much everything except the Pinot Gris this go-round as you said that : " everyone knows the Pinot Gris of Oregon ". You were so much more excited to taste me on the dry white Gruner Veltliner and I must say that I was equally excited to try it when I saw what you had in your hands. I liked it quite a bit and we will have some for the store on February 1st, 2011. I also quite liked the dry Riesling for it's extra grip and body and clinging richness that simply would not let go. Because of this and the cold weather outside I liked it better than the Gruner Veltliner.

Perhaps I would change my mind in June or July? They were both excellent as was the dry Burgundian style of the Chardonnay that also impressed me immensely. I told you at the time that you make excellent wines and after trying them all including the sweet half bottle of Riesling I have to take my hat off to you. As a matter of fact I believe that I complemented you so many times on so many levels that I had you constantly smiling and even blushing at times : loved your youth and smiles and wonderful hair style that reminded me somehow of the comic strip character of so very long ago - the Flash - only it would have had to be a feminine and beautiful Flash character! Hope you can find your way to see this as a complement Sara and nothing bad.




I have so much to say but it is bedtime for me really soon and so I will add one of my poems that I wrote of four inspired by this Tuesday first meeting of ours here ( the others are at : chatpoetry.blogspot.com - and more photos will be at : chatartist.blogspot.com, too ; as well as go to our Facebook page at : cleveland park wines & spirits ).




Here's the first poem of four that I wrote on Wednesday morning before work on January 12th, 2011 : cheers and enjoy :

Met Sa Sar Sara Of
Dae Yea Aeda Vin
Ore Rouge Necta A
Alus A Lust For Rego's
Regon's Wine Smile Hers
A Thirst Burst An
Earn What Pay For? A
Grun A Velt Svelte
So Sleek So Firm So
Non Yeah Commit So
On Way Throught ( Throat )
Down It!





A Cold Feel Room In
Chill Brr Outside I
We Green Speak To Roter
Red Thoughts Quick Ours
Sped To Work The Connects
Links Thoughts Swift To Ries
To Dry To More Grip More
Stay Power-Stay-Stay-Stayi
Tayin Taying Oh Yeah
More Smile More Youth More
Power Of Chard Like Da Feel

#1 Le 12 Janvier, 2010 Mercredi matin en voiture en Virginie a 9:39AM on a sunny, clear, bright, snowy white , brisk, nice morn after last night's snowfall - white snow cling to trees green, brown branches ... TONY

Stay-tuned for more really soon and enjoy these pictures in the meantime. Thanks Sara, Tony and Dimitri.























No comments: