Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Jan.2011 Lauren Jones Of WASH. WHLS Tastes BERINGER Napa Chardonnay / We Have 2 3-Liter Bottles - SILVER PALM Cab. Sauv & FOSS MARAI Cuvee Prosecco



I need to continue to download the pictures of Lauren's weekend wine-tasting here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits of the California BERINGER Napa Valley Chardonnay ( On Special for $13.99 ), the JEKEL Paso Robles California Cabernet Sauvignon ( On Special for $10.99 ) , the Number 8 California Pinot Noir ( $10.99 ), the 2007 Julienas GEORGES DUBOEUF Cru beaujolais ( On Special for $10.99 ) and a Sicilian Pinot Grigio, too ( $10.99 ) that is really clean and crisp and dry.




Here in the picture sitting on our tasting table were two three liter bottles that we were selling but which Lauren did not represent. I liked them and was taking pictures of them, too during our wine-tasting with Lauren. They are : the sparkling Italian non-vintage FOSS MARAI that is made by a Prosecco producer and I believe that it sells for around $180 or so a bottle? The SILVER WING North Coast California Cabernet Sauvignon sells for $59.99 a bottle. That's $15 a bottle for four bottles that make up a 3-liter bottle like this 2006 bottle - what a deal!




After the tasting I asked Lauren to pose for a few quick shots of her. Being an artist I like taking lots of pictures - artsy and hopefully fun and inspiring and that draw one's attention to look longer and to think more about what I have captured digitally. Thanks Lauren.




I liked this evening wine-tasting and all the wines that we tasted sold well. The response to the wines was especially high with both the JEKEL Cabernet Sauvignon and the Number 8 Pinot Noir , both selling for $10.99 a bottle.




I love taking close-ups of customers, too as often they really begin to relax and enjoy themselves. They get into the spirit of the moment and the taste of the wines and the conversation between all of us as we gather around the tasting table for many minutes. You can almost see the stress and the strain and the pressure falling off their faces and shoulders and a more relaxed demeanor take over and smiles begin to creep and blossom slowly over them. I like this, I like this a lot.




Lauren , we will have to talk about these wines now that it is the end of January, 2011 and we will look to getting more of them for February.




I liked capturing my reflection in the 3-liter bottles above as I was holding my Panasonic camera to take them. I can't help myself a lot of the time. If I have a camera I take the pictures until my memory card is full.




Thanks Lauren for coming and doing this weekend in-store wine-tasting here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 , Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com also on Facebook now at : cleveland park wine & spirits and also on Twitter at : cpwinespirits ).




I love all the reflections off these 3-liter bottles. Look at the grooves and the shine and the sheen and the brightness, the grooves and the etched qualities of both bottles of SILVER PALM North Coast California Cabernet Sauvignon 2006 and the non-vintage FOSS MARAI Italian sparkling wine !! Wow is what I have to say : takes my breath away, really it does.


























We still have some of all the wines tasted and still a bottle or two of the 3-liter bottles. Call us at : 202-363-4265 or come by and let's set you up with some of each. Cheers, TONY

No comments: