Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Robert Whale Closes Shop On His Import Company Called ROBERT WHALE SELECTIONS after 35Plus Years Selling Wines , December 2010


Robert and I were talking and he told me a story about his hometown, Victoria in the town of Geelong in a public park in a men's bathroom on a wall was written : " Give me one flower, make it white, blue or red; I'd rather have one now than a truckload when I'm dead". Then he said over the phone : " And you have given me a bunch of flowers Tony, thank you mate ". Thank you, Robert! It was my pleasure, you deserve it, really you do : great knowing you. TONY


P.S. It's been a great ride so far Robert : where are you headed to next? We should collaborate on something together, a project of some kind that would combine our various bodies of expertise : you know, having had many " good ones " already we should plan the big grandaddy of " good ones " and execute it - whatever it might be - hell, it may have to become two or three " grandaddies of good ones " ( you can pick up the tab this time , me the next ) and we can make an even greater, more fun and exciting and special statement to be heard all over the world. What do you say?
In January if you are free you can come to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and we'll do one big tasting based around your remaining wines and invite customers and all those that know you come and celebrate some " new beginnings ". Cheers and happy holidays and Happy New Year 2011 to you and your family. TONY

2 comments:

Brian said...

I didnt know Robert, but I respect his contributions to the U.S. wine scene. I am tipping a Rafferty's Rules shiraz to him right now. Thanks for updating us on this development.

Brian

qynohtna said...

Dear Brian , Robert's a great guy and I just called him a couple of days ago to try and get him into the store at Cleveland Park for another great tasting of his remaining wines like the CORIOLE wines : the Shiraz-Sangiovese dry red is drinking like a dream now. If we can include the Rafferty's Rules reds we will. Cheers and thanks for leaving a comment. I'll let you know when he comes to the store. You can always call at : 202-363-4265 fro an update anytime. Cheers, TONY