Monday, December 20, 2010

November 2010 @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits In Our Nation's Capitol/ X'Mas Day W/ AGRAPART Champagne/LABOURE-ROI Gevrey-Chambertin,

Et Domaine Gerard Tremblay Domaine Des Iles 2008 Chablis de Jeanne-Marie De Champs...


It's always fun to see a customer ( especially one so young as this )enjoying some facet of our store and here I caught a glimpse of this young boy accompanied by his mother that I was helping with her request for some wine.

I snapped quickly these photos as we spoke and she searched some on her own. Who knows he may grow up and return to our store here in the Cleveland Park Washington D.C. northwest neighborhood when he is old enough to both purchase and enjoy wine? I will show him these pictures then and we can both then smile over this.




Anyway it's now Christmas day, December 25th, 2010 , Sunday afternoon here at home in northern Virginia at 3:36PM and later my family and I will enjoy some of the LABOURE-ROI Geverye Chambertin 2006 red Burgundy 100% Pinot Noir that my then French rep Claire Rimbaud sold me a year or so ago with our leg of lamb ( also with some 2008 Chablis from Gerard Tremblay, proprietaire-viticulteur a Poinchy 89800 from Jeanne-Marie De Champs that we met at the store and that tasted with our customers with Mark Congdon of J.W. Sieg & Company, Inc a couple of months ago ) ; as well as some Avize champagen " Les Sept crus " from AGRAPART & FILS pour celebrer l'anniversaire de notre fille et de Jesus evidement aussi.Fun and exciting times chez nous on Christmas Day today ...




Cheers and here's to the New Year 2011 as well! TONY


























Looks like mother and son might have just come from Nam Viet and had some food to enjoy at home later? We love Nam Viet ; fabulous Vietnamese food. Cheers et bon apetite ... sante et tous aussi ... TONY

P.S. The LABOURE-ROI Gevrey Chambertin 2006 was corked and so we opened the bottle that owner Guido gave my daughter and me of his best Vino Nobile De Montepulciano " Vigna D'Alfieri " VALDIPIATTA 1999 dry red Tuscan red that he announced more than once was as great as any Brunello if not even greater. It was great, I agree with him and I think it will be even greater today, Sunday December 26th, 2010 one day later with our meal tonight. I can't wait.

We will also enjoy the Chablis 2008 tonight as we did not have room for it on our palates last night as we opened another bottle of bubbly, this time a sparkling Spanish cava DE PRO brut from Mark Congdon as well that we will buy and sell I believe for $11 a bottle. Any bottle of cava that can hold it's own after an excellent French champagne needs to be considered for sale I believe.

It's going to snow later today, 1-3 inches they think - a white day after Christmas here in the Washington D.C. metropolitan region. There were snow flurries on Christmas morning as I went outside to get our Washington Post newspaper and I turned around and bellowed out into our cul de sac : " Merry Christmas ! It's snowing! " smiled, and turned around to walk inside ...

No comments: