Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tasting With Owner Jim Turpin Of DEMOCRACY VINEYARD'S " Forum " VA. New Red Cab Franc-Pinotage Friday November 19th 2010 @ Cleveland Park Wines



Above the " new " DEMOCRACY dry red blend of the 50% Cabernet Franc and the 50% Pinotage Virginia wine made by Michael Shaps and owned by Jim and Susan. It will be quite nice in a few months as it grows and settles into it's new home and skin. Look for it soon here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits.




It's fun and unique this blend. I did not know that there was any Pinotage in Virginia. This is all new to me.

At first I did not like this " new " Forum red. It was my least favorite and I told Jim so at the time. Then he told me the blend and it started to sink in that this was an entirely new and different wine for me to be tasting in Virginia and so all of a sudden I realized that I had to stop and rethink my comments. I did not know this flavor profile and I think it will need some time in the bottle as I have already stated to show what it really has to offer.

I will buy some and offer it as something unique and special and worth trying with the idea that some bottles should be bought and put away. I will also recommend it with food.

Jim and his wife Susan just returned from a trip to South Africa. I will have to ask him more about the trip when I am not so distracted.

It's Thanksgiving today, Thursday, November 25th, 2010 here at home in northern Virginia as I get ready to go upstairs and vacuum the upstairs and straighten up the house. I've already walked the dog and raked the front yard and , of course, I have to organize the wines elections for later this afternoon. Happy Thanksgiving to one and to all.

We will buy some probably starting in January 2011. We still have the two older older blends ( The Revolution is still my all-time favorite ) that I think is drinking better now.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving to one and to all 2010! TONY

No comments: