Friday, November 26, 2010

Nov. 24-25th, 2010 Thanksgiving : Owner Rachel Martin Of BOXWOOD, VA. Tastes Boxwood & Topiary/ More Wild Turkey " Honey " Liqueur, Informal Late Eve

... Evening, Fun Tastings, Too : To Celebrate Life & Being Together Here In Cleveland Park ... the headline should finish. We're all about community - Business Is Personal For Me Donald Trump : there should be no business without humanity, decency and working together as teams for the good of the whole and not just the wealthy individual : that's my personal statement here on my chat blog ... TONY


It was great together everyone around Rachel Martin as she tasted both her " new " releases of the Boxwood and the Topiary 2008 Bordeaux-inspired dry red blends ( both at $28.99 ) on Wednesday the day before Thanksgiving Day. We had fun trying the 2008 vintage that was just released along with the 2007 Topiary that is drinking magnificently now and will only get even more sublime and silky and velvery with each passing moment until it blossoms incredibly sometime in the next year to five ...




As I arrived to get ready for the big day of sales before Thanksgiving ...




Our second tasting of the becoming-ever-popular WILD TURKEY honey liqueur in the new bottle presentation that is classy and elegant to match the taste inside the bottle : bravo WILD TURKEY marketing/packaging team!




A friend of Rachel's stops by to say " hello " and to taste. She already has some of Rachel's wines at home. The other day she stopped by with her French lady friend and this is what transpired :

I observed two ladies looking at the French Bordeaux section as I was seated at my chair in the office and I offered to help. The moment I heard the French lady's accent I asked if she was French. Mais bien sur was the response and we were off to a grand start!

I asked what they were looking for and the lady said perhaps a California wine would be in order? I responded immediately " but we are on the East Coast and not the West Coast?! The friend pictured above then joined the conversation and asked me : do you have any wines from Boxwood? I immediately smiled and said that indeed I did have them. The French lady purchased one as the lady pictured above said that she knew Rachel and the wines well when I mentioned that Rachel had been here recently and would return on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to taste. I took the lady's name and said that the next time that I saw her that I would mention this serendipitous and very pleasing encounter of ours just now. I did, too but I could not remember the lady's name. So, imagine my pleasure when I saw the same lady there talking with Rachel at out tasting table?! Wow, that was nice, that was closure and satisfaction and smiles and mirth and good cheer all wrapped into one. As the old children's story finished that I used to read to both our children : " ... Another job well done by the Pound Puppies ... " Did any of you all ever read that one? Our family loved it.




Cheers and enjoy the rest of these pictures. Thanks Rachel for coming and tasting with our Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com on Facebook at: clevelandparkwine&spirits ) customers.




It sure is a small, wonderful, immense world after all and yet even with it's immensity we still manage to connect and to collide together. I like that, I like it very much. And here in Cleveland Park so many people do meet here in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits - a grand watering hole of sorts ...




We sure do know how to have fun at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits and to share and to teach some, too all while relaxing, taking a load off and smiling and enjoying one an other's company and making new friends, too in the process of it all.












More fun, just wanted to be sure we got it right the first time.




This was a good end to the week at Cleveland Park in Washington D.C. on Thanksgiving week in our nation's capitol.

No comments: