Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Dinner/Movies/Wine-Tastins @ Cleveland Park Wines W/Jody, Dinner @ Sorriso Ristorante & Harry Potter Movie & Uptown Movie House! 19-20 Nov. 2010



This has been a busy time with so much going on here in the Cleveland Park Northwest Washington D.C. neighborhood and my son and his friend went to see the latest installment of Harry Potter movies ( this one the Part One of a two-part movie taken from the last Harry Potter book ), dinner and me drawing quick sketch portraits of customers and friends at Sorriso ristorante/restaurant while I waited for the movie to end : and Jody Jackman of Winebow Imports pouring an assortment of her company's excellent wines that could be enjoyed this coming Thanksgiving.




We've been hopping and I will add more to this with time-permitting but I'm down to the wire now as this is Wednesday, November 24th, 2010 the day before Thanksgiving! Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving and erjoy these pictures that I took the weekend before. TONY




Jennifer of Monument Selections was here also to pour her company's excellent QUINTA DO NOVAL " Black " character-house port that we have On Sale for $21.99. It's fabulous.




Jody Jackman pours the DUCKHORN " DEcoy " California Napa Merlot, the YEALAND'S Marlborough organic, biodynamic, sustainable agriculture and Carbon Zero Pinot Noir and and excellent dry red Italian BUSCAGLIA blend of three grapes, and the famous California dry white blend called Connundrum. What a great tasting Jody!




Zac old buddy, how's the bouquet of the wine?








At Sorriso ristorante where I sat at the bar and enjoyed my meal and drew pictures of my customers and talked to owner Pietro, his son and his wife and had excellent service from Karen that worked at the bar. Marvelous time there, really.





There was quite the line that wound itself around the block as people gathered to see the latest Harry Potter installment. My son and his friend really loved it and were all excited after the movie and I took them back to Sorriso Ristorante for home-made gelato and cake as I sketched more portraits.










Nice to see you Matt and Melissa, Happy Thanksgiving to you both and thanks for everything recently that you both have done for me : I will never forget it. Hope you like your quick portrait sketches! I love both your big, broad warming smiles. TONY

No comments: