Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tasting The ZACA MESA CA. Wines, Liking Them All Very Much, Announcing How Surprised I Was To Like Them All So Much, Thurs. Sept. 30th, 2010



This was a true, rare and wonderful revelation for me to make in front of the President and the C.E.O. of the ZACA MESA Winery in southern California, Jennifer of Monument Imports/Selections and Chris Barker that works with me at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com on Facebook at : Clevelandparkwines&spirits ). where I have now managed the wine department for more than ten years.

It stunned me to realize that for perhaps the very first time in a very long time that I actually liked all of a winery's wines in California. How could this be?!? Where was all the weight and alcohol and power without finesse and all the range from the very highs to the very lows that I usually found missing or too much of? I was confused, I was quite giddy with my new discovery. I told everyone so. I told Chris that we had to include last-minute one of these superb reds or whites from ZACA MESA into our Cleveland Park Day Saturday celebration on October 2nd, 2010 from 1-5Pm when Jennifer was pouring and to choose. Chris picked the ROUSSANNE white and it showed and sold really well. Check my recent blog on that out here as well.




I have more to say about all of these wines but want to get these pictures posted now as I am trying to keep up with all of this and to have the immediacy of these tastings and moments shared with owners, presidents, c.e.o.'s and wine-makers all as fresh and as energized as possible.




Being an artist I like to use pictures to make many points and to stir us all to wanting to try some of these wines and meet some of these people and visit some of these wineries, etcetera and the areas in which they are located as well. Cheers and stay-tuned for much more really soon. TONY
























Zaca Mesa

No comments: