Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cleveland Park Day W/ Hugh Hamilton, Saturday, Oct. 2nd, 2010



We've had a great Cleveland Park Day here in Cleveland Park Washington D.C. N.W. 20008 on Saturday, October 2nd, 2010 from 1-5 PM. We had lots going on : three wine-tastings, two liqour tastings and two beer tastings. We also had cheeses and bread and pate from owner Dean of Dino restaurant on our corner.




Two blocks of activities with many of the stores involved on either side of Connecticut Avenue. N.W. You can see by these pictures that the day was absolutely gorgeous and both parking lots were closed off as was our access road in front of the store. I'm sorry that I could not enjoy the day being outside but I still really felt the rush of adrenalin as so many people came through our doors from 2-5 PM. It was a surge of activity and it felt great to have so many happy people in the store at one time.




I will write more about this but I want to get this posted while it is still Saturday. Hugh Hamilton was our special guest being both a wine-maker and an owner of his own winery the HUGH HAMILTON winery in McLaren Vale, South Australia just south of the town of Adeleiade. On this tasting Hugh ( also the maker of the famous Jim Jim wines of an unoaked Chardonnay and a dry, complex Shiraz - both $11.99 ) concentrated on tasting and selling the 2010 Unoaked " The Scallywag " Chardonnay ( $18.99 ) and The Ratbag Merlot 2007 ($18.99 ). They both really showed well and we sold both along with many of the other HUGH HAMILTON wines that were available in the store. Hugh signed many bottles and I think everyone enjoyed meeting him and spending some time with him.




At one point Hugh said " All roads lead to Cleveland Park ". I loved this and wrote it on one of my business cards and asked Hugh to sign it for me. Thanks Hugh, I loved that. I loved having you here in the store today! It's now 11:58 PM and I have to post this now. Stay-tuned for more! Say " hello " to everyone for me, including both dogs. Cheers, TONY



Cleveland Park Day was grand! Thanks everyone.






























No comments: