Saturday, September 25, 2010

South Africa JUNO WINE COMPANY Wines, Richard Lay Of International Cellars Tastes Current Releases/ Viva La Liberte! Sept 22nd '10 @ Cleveland Park



These labels are bold and they are colorful and they remind me in part of the famous French painting by Delacroix depicting the French Revolution/ Bastille Day and victory for the French masses that had been neglected for so many centuries! I don't know what was in the mind of the artist as she painted these : they are paintings of the wife of the winemaker/owner that hand on their walls and he decided to turn them into labels : quite clever. That's the story that I heard anyway.




One of my very favorites of the wines was the Chardonnay. I found it dry, full, rich, bright , balanced and very enjoyable to sip on there in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com on facebook at : clevelandparkwine.com ). The Chenin Blanc I found a bit too simple : not bad but it simply did not excite me like the Chardonnay did.




Richard Lay of International Cellars came with these wines to show Chris Barker and me here in Cleveland Park , N.W. Washington D.C. our nation's capitol. I'm glad they they did : there's lots of both food and wine here as well as label for thought and that's lots of thought provoking/voktion(? spelling? ) - sounds good strung together like this.




I am at home and must get back to work where my notes are on these wines.




AS you will see from these pictures downloaded so far there were whites, one rose and reds tasted. We will definitely bring at least the Chardonnay to Cleveland Park and one of the reds. I will include this information shortly.




In the meantime enjoy my artsy photos. Being an artist I get lots of pleasure from taking these pictures which I believe strongly combines the various elements together - pieces of the puzzle, so-to-speak and makes both a compelling and visual reason or incentive for one to go looking for these wines to taste and sample and try on for size, fit and personal feel. That's all that matters - that ever matters - do you like the wine or not, does it suit your mood at the moment - do you think it flatters the food and the company and the occasion?

Go with your gut reaction and don't waiver : certainly don't let others talk you out of your opinion ; after all, it's all yours and no one knows you better than you know yourself.




Lots of work and effort and planning have gone into these wines. There's lots of promotional material and you can see some of it here in these photos.




I look forward to following the path of this JUNO WINE COMPANY and see where it may lead. I will go and add some more pictures here, too as there are a few more to complete this moment that the four of us spent in each other's company not so very long ago. Cheers, TONY












No comments: