Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Samantha, Owner Of CHATEAU FELICE Chalk Hill, Sonoma, California Visit Cleveland Park Wines W/ Chip & Tastes 9/ 29/ 2010 , Excellent Merlot, Zin, Lon

don Cabernet, " New " Sauvignon Blanc & Killer Chardonnay - the headline should end.


This is great : the wines have arrived at the store Samantha! I'm thrilled to have the " new " dry CHATEAU FELICE " Aciers " Sauvignon Blanc. It's really got a nice crispness and a unique spin of the dry mineral and citrus fruit that I could not quite peg but I can tell you that I enjoyed it and that it drew me into it's flavors and I would like to sample it with some different foods.




We got four wines in all I believe : the Merlot ans the London Cabernet Sauvignon as well as the Chardonnay and the Sauvignon Blanc. I got to try them all this go-round with Samantha and Chip along with the Zinfandel, a dessert-style red and for some reason there was no Cabernet Franc. I know that that one has traditionally been your favorite Samantha. I guess it has just been bottled and will be ready soon ; is that correct?




I will comment more on all the wines when I am back at the store. It's Thursday night ( 8:51 PM on October 7th, 2010 ) and I am off early and home with my family having just enjoyed a meal that my wife prepared for us of a pork roast, broccoli and brown rice - simple and yet delicious.






It's been fun to get to know you Samantha over the years, as well as your sister Genvieve and her husband, too. I guess the only one that I have not met and still want to meet very much is your mother the photographer. What happened to her Tall Woman wine? I did not taste that either. That had become a favorite of some of our customers so you will have to fill me in about it's availability?




Chip, you need to come and do an in-store wine-tasting of these CHATEAU FELICE wines soon. Call me and let's set a time so that our customers can discover them all over again.




It was a nice day this past Thursday, September 30th, 2010 when you both came to see me at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. You can see this in the picture above that shows the sky above the Potomac River with a small part of the Kennedy Center, too.




Being an artist I like to take a lot of these pictures with my artist's eyes and artist sensibilities : I hope you like them. In these pictures of Samantha I took them looking at her through both my Reidel wine-tasting glass and the CHATEAU FELICE wine bottle. I like the results myself though I know that they do distort to some extent things - hope that you do not mind.




I showed these to you as I took them and this is not the first time I have captured you in pictures like the one above. I like it, too : but if you hate it I will be more than happy to remove it - your decision, just let me know.

























This was another great visit with Samantha of CHATEAU FELICE in Chalk Hill, Sonoma California. It's the fifth or sixth visit from Samantha and Chip of Atlantic Wines & Spirits Importing Company. It was great to see you both once again and I loved pretty much everything that I tasted. You make well-made/focused, balanced wines that often have something extra and unique like the flavors I got from your Sauvignon Blanc 2009. I could not put my finger on what exactly that something extra and special was but it was there and I liked it.






Samantha, you said that you had just returned from a pleasure trip to Panama and had caught a bug and were not feeling as good as usual. I commented on that : and that's what prompted your response about not feeling well. You can't tell from these photos : you look great as usual.




We will have a selection of your wines coming in another couple of days to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com facebook @ clevelandparkwine ) of the wines that I tasted with you on this past Tuesday, September 28th, 2010.




I have more to say and more pictures to add but I'm going to post this now while it is fresh. The Zin was grand, the new vintage of the London Cab was also very good and balanced and I would have liked to have had some food with it. Chip's son's Merlot was fabulous and bright and radiant and vivid and overall an absolute delight to enjoy with or without food. As I said the wines were very good all around. Come get some here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits the first week of October.




It was great to see you Samantha and Chip. Seeing you Samantha made my day and that's why I told you this twice, once in the store and once later when I called you to tell you again in the hopes that it would also rally you and you would feel that much better that much quicker. Cheers, TONY

No comments: