Thursday, September 23, 2010

MARIMAR TORRES Estates Of California Comes Alive Here In ClevelandPark Wines Thanks To Jennifer Horsley 9/23/2010! Thanks Jennifer...



We've been selling Marimar's wines since the mid eighties I believe at the Mayflower Wines and Spirits with Sidney Moore. Marimar, you had just come out with a cooking book and we had you come to the store here in Washington D.C. and do a book-signing as I recall. We may also have tasted some of the TORRES Spanish Penedes wines along with the book-signing.




Then Raz of Michael Franklin Selections brought them to my attention years later and we sold them then. Now my friend Jennifer Horsley brings them to me today ( 4 : two Chardonnays, one unfiltered, one oaked and edgy and dry, then two single vineyard Pinot Noirs ). I liked all three except for the " value " oaked Chardonnay that I thought was too dry for me : perfect for others, perfect for food : but what happens when the food is finished and you still have the dry, oaky, edgy Chardonnay? It simply does not work for me.




However, I do not buy what I like : I buy what I think our customers will like here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue, N.W. Washington D.C. 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwinespirits.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) where I have managed the wine department now for ten year and more. I told Jennifer to mix me up some of all four of these wines and we will have them here the first week of October. That will be fun.




Marimar, I have a signed cook book from you at home and I will check it out and include a recipe or two from it here in this blog. I've got more to say but I want to post this now while the excitement and the " buzz " is still hot for me. Stay-tuned and come to see me here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits on your next visit.




Cheers, and thank Jennifer, TONY


















These are some of the quick pen sketches I did of Jennifer while we stood and caught up on things and which I gave her afterward as a gift from me to her. I will probably do more as well. Hope you and your husband like them. It's such a treat for me and I could do many of them if we only had time on our side. It will have to do : something is better than nothing and it's my way of thanking people for the time I get to spend with them.




No comments: