Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Wine Vacation Among Tasting Greek Wines For Big-Theme Tasting 8/18/10, Seaguls, My Art Work, FUN!@ Salvo, North Carolina, Outer Banks 8/1-8/2010



This blog entry is more about fun and visual sensations of " Night " and of " Day " Down for a week's rest with family at Salvo on the Outer Banks of North Carolina the first week of August 2010. Enjoy this montage of images and make of them what you will.




My brother-in-law fed the seagulls and look what happened!




I lined up many of the " sample " bottles that we enjoyed for these seven days up on our railing looking out at our view of the sand and the ocean and the sea oats, etcertera.




Our temporary " best-friends-ever"! As long as there was bread ...




One of my many color watercolors mixed with oil pastels inspired by this same view above with all the bottle on display.




I kept snapping away here and got some good shots.




Another one of my mixed-media works done here in a series of ten or eleven I believe it was watercolors/oil-pastels on watercolor paper.




One of our Greek wines to be tasted on Wednesday, August 18th, 2010 ( 5:30-8:30 PM ) - 28 in all and everyone is welcome to come and join us and meet Sotiris Bafitis and Nikolas and Jody Jackman, Marcie Weinstein and Danielle Davidowitz. It will be grand.




A lovely slightly off-dry Portuguese bubbly rose that we used at our Big-Theme Portuguese wine tasting. This bottle was used to celebrate our relatives birthday and she loved it : so did we all : perfect for the hot weather at Salvo.




I will write more but in the meantime enjoy these photos and come to our Greek Wine-Tasting tomorrow night at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com on Facebook at : clevelandparkwine ). Join us, no charge : just show up and enjoy the experience. Cheers, TONY






























1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
My name is Sarah and I'm with Dwellable. I was looking for blog posts about the Outer Banks to share on our site and I came across your post...If you're open to it, drop me a line at Sarah(at)dwellable(dot)com.
Hope to hear from you :)
Sarah