Tuesday, August 24, 2010

July 2010 Matt Of Washburn Imports Tasting Beer and Wines CA. PEIRANO " The Other " Red And White & MEYER 05 Family Cellars CA. SYRAH Red



I have lots to add here tomorrow as a am way behind with these blog entries here. It's really caught-up with me as I meet so many people that come through our doors at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) and I find so many interesting ways to present the various stories and the pictures to go along with them.

I make my joy way more complicated than it really has to be but without the " complication " and all the stories then I don't think that I have really ever done my job. Even when I work really hard and add as much as I possibly can I still feel like I am just skimming the surface of all that happened and that my mind can recollect. So be it.




It's now Saturday morning here at home in northern Virginia at 12:55 AM and I am going to quit now on September 4th, 2010 an get up later and finish this and post it for you all to see and enjoy. Until then sleep well, TONY




Matt poured a number of wines for Chris Barker and me to taste. " The Other " ( $14.99 ) 65% Chardonnay ( This ) / 25% Sauvignon Blanc ( That) and 10% Viognier ( The Other ) 2007 from PEIRANO has been a regular on-and-off over the years here at Cleveland Park N.W. Washington D.C. I like the body and the weight and the interesting nuances of flavors that each of these three grapes brings to the table.

" The Other " PEIRANO dry red is equally interesting and I will write more about it soon.






The Justin MEYER Syrah 2005 Family Cellars ( $32.99 ) from Mendocino California is still young and youthful and I know this because at the end of our Saturday in-store wine-tasting with Matt here in Cleveland Park it really opened nicely after it had been open for five hours or more. That's when it tasted best in my opinion. No need to rush through this one : buy some and put it away and uncover it in a few years. I think it will reward us grandly for our patience.




Being an artist I am very interested and inspired by the visual possibilities of uniting and drawing attention to the colors and the shapes, the forms and the textures and the clarities, transparencies and what both light and shading do to them.




I want these things to be drawn together to shoe their intimate relationships and dependence on one another : as well as to inspire/ fire and excite the imagination through visual means, Hopefully this way you will all be encouraged to go in search of these wines and beers to try them on for you own personal fit and feel and comfort/joy. That's my aim.




Matt also tasted some of the 2007 Lodi Viognier ( $16.49 ) from PEIRANO ESTATE Vineyards " The Heritage Collection " that was really full and intense and very forward and that immediately pleased many of our tasters. It sold well and people were positive in their praise of this California Viognier from Lodi.





I love showing the actual colors of the wines and how they change depending on the lighting and whether I use a flash or not on my Canon camera. The pictures help to " fix " a certain split second in time that in almost 100% of the time we do not/ cannot see and so this can help draw us back to the moment to reflect upon it again and hopefully recall the actual tastes of these various beers and wines.







I have to write some about these beers as well. I have to get to my notes at work so be patient and stay-tuned. I will finish this over the next couple of days. Cheers, TONY




No comments: