Friday, July 16, 2010

Morgan Hartman Takes Sail In Miami , Florida W/ New Blog @ www.museinmiami.blogspot.com : Check It Out : It's Great!




     These two pictures posted here were taken of Morgan and her sister ( me included ) perhaps two years ago when they both came to the store and did a great VINE CONNECTIONS wine and sake tasting. It was the first? They have since done another one more recently and I will include a couple of those photos when I find them.


     I am already prejudiced where Morgan Hartman is concerned ; I pretty much across-the-board like/love everything Morgan Hartman. She's great and her " new " bog on blog spot at : www.museinmiami.blogspot.com is really well-designed, airy, bright, well-displayed. I like it - the look, the feel, the taste that she creates - or more to the point : the tastes that you want to enjoy both liquid and solid after reading her lovely conversational/personal words that draw you in when coupled especially with the photos ( love the ones of you hugging the man dressed as a rooster , nice : you were happy and having fun it's all to obvious from the two photos! ) and the recipes, too.




     I love this recipe. Oh, I love the title of the blog as well : muse in Miami - quite brilliant, really.
     Here is Morgan's Sailing Sangria recipe :


                      2 Bottles Crisp White Wine ( Sauvignon Blanc, Albarino, Torrontes )

                      'Splash Of Brandy Or Rum To Taste ( I use white rum )

                      Half Cup Of White Grapes ( Sliced In Half )
                      
                      Half Cup Of Sprite/&-Up Or Tonic, ( I use diet )
  
                      Half Cup Of Blueberries

                      2 Slightly Unripe Plums, Diced
   
                      1 Slightly Unripe Peach, Diced

                      Thin Slices Of Half Limes & Half Lemons

                     Hand-full Of Mint Leaves

                     2 Tablespoons Of Pink Peppercorns ( trust me on this )

                     Mix All Ingredients and allow to sit overnight in the refrigerator for flavors to meld. Serve chilled.

                     I'm off to Avon ( it's calling us ) North Carolina, Outer Banks and so I think we will try this at least once. My daughter likes to make Sangria so perhaps I can smooth-talk her into letting me try this recipe of Morgan's? We will see. I'll try.


                     Anyway, I will write more about this later but I want to get this off while it's hot off my palate and while it's absorbing all my senses and stimulating/titillating and most of all inspiring me.

                    MARK YOUR CALENDARS :

                    Good luck Morgan. We will see you here on Wednesday, September 15th ( 5:30-8:30 PM ) when you come here to be one of our two guest stars at our BIG THEME  Argentina Wine-Tasting ( featuring SUSANA BALBO Cabernet Sauvignon and Briso,  BEN MARCO Malbec, CRIOS 2009 Torrontes white and dry CRIOS rose as well as CRIOS dry red indigenous Bonarda  ) and with a splash of some of the finest Japanese sakes from TAKASAGO ( like the Ginsa Shizuku :" Divine Droplets " Junmai Daiginjo ). Join us, never any charge. everyone is welcome. Truth be told, this Argentina wine-tasting was inspired by you Morgan and Sal Furfari and I will work out the details. 

                   Morgan will also be conducting a sake tasting at Culinaerie from 5-7PM on Saturday,  July 31st, 2010


                   Cheers, see you soon,  TONY

           

                 

                

No comments: