Thursday, July 8, 2010

Kekoa Lee Of Imua Enterprises W Richard Lay, Tues. July 6,'10 / Tastes MANIFESTO 08 Sauv Blanc/ WHETSTONE Pinot Noir RRV CA. @ Cleveland Park Wines



Richard Lay our sales rep for International Cellars ( was our rep for Siema Imports until just recently ) brought Kekoa Lee of Imua Enterprises by on Tuesday afternoon, July 6th, 2010 to meet me ( I was writing the weekly store email at the time ) and to taste some " new " wines ; at least " new " for me.

Kekoa Lee and I hit it off pretty much immediately and were soon bouncing ideas and proposals and future tastings off of one another. I liked this : there was no lag-time, just time filled with promises and possibilities. That's the best " now-time " that I know of and certainly the time that most inspires/ fires me to be and do my best as well as put my best face and foot forward, even if it is all " new " and I do not know exactly what I am doing. I still like the idea of learning quickly what to do and doing it as quickly as possible!




I am, of course very embarrassed that so much time has elapsed since we first met and discussed doing an in-store wine-tasting/ combination liqueur-wine-making concoction. It just was just too much out-of-the-blue and with not enough time to make it a reality here in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com ) where I have now managed the wine department for the last ten years.

We were going to blend together the MANIFESTO North Coast 2008 California Sauvignon Blanc with a popular liqueur ( I can't remember which just now ) and make a refreshing summer/warm-weather drink. I will get back to you later on that and add the liqueur here. Sorry, memory fades/eludes me with time gone by...

As you can see from the picture above I sampled four California wines : 1) the WHETSTONE 2006 Pinot Noir " Jon Boat " from Sonoma, the 2) WHETSTONE 2007 Russian River Valley Pinot Noir, 3) the MANIFESTO 2009 North Coast California Sauvignon Blanc and the 4) MANIFESTO North Coast California Cabernet Sauvignon.




I enjoyed this " quick " office wine-tasting and I will have to find my notes that I took on it when I am back at the office. I am here at home now on Monday, September 20th, 2010 at 3:06 PM on a drop-dead gorgeous, clear, blue skies, warm yet breezy, baby-blue skies late summer's morn on my day-off and I do not have everything here. So please be patient with me and " stay-tuned " for more to follow soon.

I should be outside on this wonderful late summer's afternoon and will shortly head outside to bask in the glow and the freshness/brightness and wonder of the moment. Incredible, really.




Pictured above are both Kekoa Lee ( forefront ) and Richard Lay behind Kekoa.

I liked the tasting, I liked the wines. As I recall I especially liked the MANIFESTO wines.




I look forward to doing something with you Kekoa. We will have to keep in touch and see what projects that we can make and have come together here in Cleveland Park, Washington D.C. N.W. that will be beneficial to all. Please when you see this blog contact me and let's move forward together. You can also add a comment at the end of this blog and let me as well as any reader of this know more about the drink that we were thinking of making with the MANIFESTO North Coast California 2008 Sauvignon Blanc?




Being very much and active artist I like to bring to these blogs my artistic point-of-view and with pictures as well as with words paint for you visually all the reasons that you might wish to immediately drop everything and come immediately to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits or to your own local wine store in search of both the MANIFESTO and the WHETSTONE California wines. Am I successful? Am I giving you with these pictures and text ample excuses to drop everything and do just this? I sure do hope so : that is one of my real aims.




I also want you to see things from a fresh perspective and one that does make you wonder and be curious about the photos and my text. I'm very comfortable being an artist and filling my large and spacious and wandering and curious artist's shoes ....




Pictured above is my friend and importer herself Theresa Morrison of Boutique Vineyards Imports - South34 - that came to discuss some " new " South African wines as well as some " new " arrivals : all good, trust me. I have done a lot of business with Theresa and her husband John Morrison over the past six or so years. Always good to see you Theresa : you look really good in these pictures. That's why I took them : jump when the iron is hot... You did taste these wines along with me and it was good to get your impressions of them.




My signature picture has been to capture people through their wines that I pour into a Reidel wine-tasting glass to taste myself. I like doing this : it brings all the players together in one picture and that is important as a bit of history and to better see and understand the " moment " that we have just shared.









Look at the amazing colors of these wines in these pictures : what a beautiful ruby/garnet red : and the ceiling lights shining through them or bouncing-reflecting off their surfaces is pretty amazing as well.








I like this picture above of Kekoa as seen through his MANIFESTO North Coast 2008 California Sauvignon Blanc : our very own " mis-en-scene " so-to-speak. I'm happy with it just as I was happy with the taste of the wines as well. It all pleases me. Thanks for coming by Richard and Kekoa.

For more information please go to :

IMUA Enterprises Kekoa Lee ( CEO & President ) - My Passion : People, Food, Wine Consulting on: Restaurants/Wineries/Wine Importing/Distibution/Fine Dining/ Restaurant Management/Service training/Personnel Placement /Events Tel : 843-568-5703 kekoalee@gmail.com 330 Concord St. Suite 12B Charleston, SC 29401.

Cheers and come again Kekoa, TONY

No comments: