Friday, July 23, 2010

July 2010 Tasting W/ Owner Melvin Goldman Of KEUKA LAKE VINEYARDS New York State Dry Rieslings( Evergreen Lek Vineyard 2008 ) + More



It's great to have these excellent KEUKA LAKE VINEYARD New York State wines here in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com on Facebook @ clevelandparkwines&spirits ) and to report that they are selling slowly but steadily.




It's now Sunday, November 21st, 2010 here at my home in northern Virginia on an unseasonably beautiful Indian autumn's afternoon at 4:10 PM and all is well as I take a break from the raking off of our deck out back. It was a huge job, believe me. I am thrilled to have it finished as I move later this week to the front yard that also needs raking in a really big way as we all wind our ways closer to Thanksgiving this coming Thursday.




Happy Thanksgiving to one and to all 2010. I hope it's a great one for each and everyone of you.




All these KEUKA LAKE VINEYARD wines would be great for Thanksgiving by the way and we have three of the Rieslings ( dry and a touch off-dry ) as well as the elegant and polished, silky mellow and bright - like velvet Cabernet Franc red, too. They are all in stock and I will be recommending them all for this Thursday as it is an American holiday and I think it would be nice when possible to drink American in this case. This is just my humble opinion, of course and so I am thrilled to have plenty in stock depending on our customers' wants and desires.




Being an artist I like to take lots of artsy pictures of the owner as well as of Danielle Davidowitz our salesperson for Dionysos Imports in northern Virginia. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do and I hope they make you curious enough to come to our store in our nation's capitol in Northwest Washington D.C. : or at least to your local wine store and ask about them.

Make the effort and you will not be sorry.




Well, I am sure I have much more to say but I want to post this now in time for you all to read it and enjoy the pictures and make a pilgrimage to your local wine store asking about these really balanced, well-focused East Coast New York State wines of KEUKA LAKE VINEYARDS.




I could use a glass or two or three for my wife and daughter later today I grill our flank steak outside on our grill on our deck. They would like these wines very much with an appetizer and later with our meal that I am in charge of preparing tonight.




I like taking pictures of the owners and wine-makers, resp, too through the Reidel glasses with the wines that they make and bring to us here in Cleveland Park.




Here you can read more off the bottles pictured above when you enlarge the image on your monitor. I have already blogged about them in a previous blog from July 2010 that you can see when you use the search engine above on my blogspot.




Everyone pictured here above and below has a bottle in their hands : where's mine?!? I feel gypped!




Looking at these pictures below makes me want to make my own pilgrimage up to KEUKA LAKE VINEYARDS...




Gotta smell the bouquet / stop to smell the roses, too to really capture and enjoy certain moments of the day like this one.




Looks like it is almost one pm and I will need some lunch after trying all these excellent New York State wines.




I like it when people smile : it warms me to the core.




Thanks Melvin and Danielle for spending this special moment with your wines and me here @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits.




Thanks Melvin Goldman for a tasting of your family's excellent wines. I hope to see you again sometime soon. Come and do an in-store wine-tasting next time that you come with our customers. I hope that Danielle brings you back again soon.

The picture in the pamphlet above is of Melvin's wine-maker and I look forward to meeting her, too as we still have not met.

Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving and may the rest of 2010 be good and fruitful for you all. TONY

No comments: