Thursday, June 24, 2010

WILLETT Bourbon - 3 Types Tasted Here On A Thurs Noon 6/10, Last One The Best To My Humble Palate At Least @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits



I started at a real disadvantage when I first discovered WILLETT Straight Kentucky Bourbons the other day at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits : I tasted the best of the three - or at least the most expensive of the three WILLETT Straight Kentucky Bourbons first. That basically ruined it for me : the other two were very good of course but after tasting the last it was hard to go back.




I should have already posted this a long time ago as it is now Thursday, August 12th, 2010 here at 11:13 AM in northern Virginia and I am enjoying my second week-off from work at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-3636-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com also on Faceboob at : clevelandparkwine ) where I have managed the wine department now for ten years.




I'm an artist and a historian and I like to document and save to post later pictures and stories/comments like these to add some visual information to a whole lot of written reviews and other points and scores and hype already out there/here in cyberspace. My idea is foremost to with these pictures make you want to get out of your seats and go in search of one or two or all three of these fine WILLETT bourbon's that I sampled quickly back in June 2010 with our local rep.

I quickly snapped these shots and am glad that I did. It was very busy for me at the time as there were many things happening all at once in the store and I was just trying to get through them all as usual and not miss anything. It's all a wonderful acrobatic balancing-act for me and one that I thrive on and accomplish to various degrees of success at any given point and time.




I took my two other less-expensive samples back to my office and did not get to them until much later this day. That was probably a mistake and so I will reserve any further comments here on these two. The least expensive of all three ( $34.99 ) is now on our shelves I am happy to say. I will tell Ravinder Sharma that we need to buy at least a bottle or two of this one that I did taste at the time ( my favorite ) that will sell for over $60 a bottle was it? Is it much more? Not being the buyer of the liquor and the liqueurs I simply do not have all the answers but I will ask Ravi soon and include the information here a bit later.




I like taking artsy photos like these two as I want people to want to/have to look closer at them to better understand them and see what they are. What do you think? Do you like these two pictures?





Lloyd was a good sport and sampled here with me and I believe that like myself she loved this top-flight WILLETT bourbon whisky?





Ernie was too busy deciding what wine to buy to taste along quickly with Lloyd and myself. I was in-between helping Ernie and tasting with Lloyd. Of course Ernie told me at the time that he thought I was too busy tasting the WILLETT bourbon to be really helpful to him in making his decision on what wine to buy this particular Thursday noon. I'm never too busy to help you Ernie, that's why Lloyd tasted all three I believe and I got to taste only one. That's okay, that's my job. I love my job.




Here I have a picture of our local rep holding the bottle of WILLETT bourbon. When I see him next I will ask him a few more questions so that I may finish this as it deserves with more technical info on each of the three WILLETT bourbons.

What a grand, pleasant surprise for me : and what a taste I was left with in my mouth as I went onto my next series of projects here in Cleveland Park N.W. Washington D.C.

Cheers and stay-tuned for more on WILLETT bourbons. TONY

No comments: