Thursday, June 10, 2010

Wed. June 9th, 2010 Wine-Tasting TRINITAS CELLARS CA Wine With Jennifer Heim, Director Of Sales & Marketing/ Arielle Monaco, Too Of Country Vintners

SUN SOIL HUMANITY ( written right on Jennifer's card below the picture ) ... nice.


I had to take this picture of Jen Heim's right hand holding the bottle of TRINITAS : her dark unfiltered/unfined finger nail polish looked like a moon's reflection on a clear night of some lagoon that one would be drawn to bath in in the peace and quiet of the evening ( it also matched the colors in the image on the bottle ) way after all of one's work and responsibilities were lain to rest and all that was left was to massage the tired, worn muscles and nerves and psyches and perhaps have a floating blow-up plastic holder made for a bottle of TRINITAS Contra Costa Old Vine Mataro ( just another word for the Mourvedre or the Monastrell grape that is used pretty much now all over the world but perhaps the most famous first in France and in Spain )2006? Not a bad idea. Do you all have such a lagoon on your property of know of one close by?

Jen was surprised but really quite a good sport about all the picture-taking that I was doing while sampling quickly the wines. I think that this was the evening of our Big Theme wine-tasting and so it was already late and we had lots going on - a bit of a delightful hustle and bustle and divine madness with none of the serenity have just painted a picture for you above. Oh well, both scenarios are important in life : one to live and burn brightly and pay one's bills and the other to relax and claim perhaps complete ownership of the later moment and saturate oneself in total selfishness shared with someone lucky?

I'm sorry for all of this imagery and yet I am not. It's Sunday late afternoon and I am simply feeling quite poetic all of this day as I have been catching up on writing some of these blogs that I now have in draft form. It's 6:14 PM here in northern Virginia on a really hot, muggy and humid day and I'm remembering this brief encounter with you Jen as you were quite appreciative that both Chris Barker and I tasted your wines. I remember going through them once quickly as I snapped many artsy pictures of you Jen through my Reidel wine glass and I believe even some through your TRINITAS CELLARS wine bottles? I will have to check on that later as I have only a few of the many pictures posted here now. I will post some of the others as soon as I am able.

I remember that I quite liked two of the wines that I tasted and I will have to make plans to order them for the first week of July. Jen, you might remind our local rep Arielle Monaco of the Country Vintners to call Chris and me and remind us of this quick tasting so that we may add back some of your wines to our collection. We desperately need some Zins as our Zin section is looking pretty picked over just about now. WE could use some nice, new fresh blood the color of your nail polish but ohhhh, so tasting of glorious Zin - yours - really soon!

I think that I will even email you tomorrow and wait for your response so that we may better work together some tomorrow to recreate the fast, furious moments of exchanges of this moment-in-time that we briefly shared. Seems all like a whirl just now and I'd like to find some closure and make some good of it all as I remember also having already worked with and sold these wines at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) where I have managed the wine department now for the last ten bustling and fun and personal years of sharing and educating and bringing people together and making as many connections that may and can work as possible ...

As I have already said it was nice to meet and taste briefly with Jennifer Heim ( Director Of National Sales And Marketing ) of TRINITAS CELLARS Wines ( 875 Bordeaux Way, Napa, CA. 94558 ( Tel ) : 707-251-1957 Fax : 707-251-1957 trinitascellars.com ). Go to her web page and or email her for more technical info. This is not a blog about detailed, traditional descriptions of these wines. It's not my strength and being an artist I prefer to add that dimension wherever I can and am able to do so.




Look a the barely visible red crescent moon-shaped red rim of my Reidel glass above? So many darks here with just a few important colors and whites to break up and help define the image. I also like the silhouette of the three fingers holding the bottle framed by the really bright rectangular ceiling light above them. This is the artist in me commenting as much on the picture and it's art as on the wines. I told you early on that I have felt quite inspired and poetic all day long. will have to enlarge it on my monitor screen to see what else is visible when enlarged? Maybe I will be able to see more of the red TRINITAS CELLARS wine in my Reidel glass? That would be nice - it flowing into the glass? I'd like observing that action of the wine leaving the mouth of the bottle and gaining it's freedom inside the transparent wine glass with the light behind it...

No wonder I am behind with all my wine blogs as write much about some of these pictures! Oh well, I'm glad that I do not rush and that I take the time to write them as completely as am able to at the time. Maybe somewhere at some time will read them from start-to-finish and appreciate them for the labors-of-love that they become - the journey that they take me on and which I commit myself as fully as I can. I mean, why else bother at all if you do not make the effort and make it truly yours? Is this my humanity showing/ coming forward? I hope so. Our world today needs all the involvement and commitment and humanity that we my bring to it.

My favorite tasting this quickly as I did was the 2006 Mataro Contra Costa County ( $23.99 approximately ) dry red for it's concentration, depth and range of flavors along with what I term it's accessibility at the moment that I taste it depending on the weather conditions, too. I'm looking for wines that to my taste really show well when I taste them on the spot without food? That's of the greatest interest to me along with price and value as I may purchase them immediately for immediate re-sell to our Cleveland Park customers here in Washington N.W. D.C.




I like this picture above that I took of Jen looking through my glass filled with the TRINITAS Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc. What vintage was it? I cannot remember right now. I love all the golds and the sparkle and reflections that match both her hair and smile.




Just look at the picture above at the lustrous red garnet cherry red color of the TRINITAS wine with it's label coming through it? I'll have to enlarge it on my monitor screen here to see which red it was ? There sure are lots of interesting reflections here both in the green glass and te red wine.




And with all the artsy photos that I take I am glad to have some of simply the bottles lined up like this on our tasting table to later help jar my memory with the order, the vintages and the full names of each of the wines that I tasted. There were seven of them in all according to those shown here as well as to Arielle Monaco's sheet that she provided for us. That's very helpful, to have a sheet provided that we may keep to remember and take notes on for later when it is time to recall certain impressions or other pertinent info. Thanks Arielle.

The wines that we tasted and their approximate prices were : 1) the TRINITAS Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc ( $14.99 ), the 2) TRINITAS 2006 Old Vine Cuvee Contra Costa red blend, the 3) TRINITAS 2006 Old Vine Petit Sirah ( $23.49 ), the 4) TRINITAS 2006 Old Vine CA. Zinfandel( $16.490, the 5) TRINITAS 2006 Old Vine Contra Costa Couny Zinfandel ( $19.9 ), the 6) TRINITAS 2006 Old Vine Mataro ( Mourvedre, Monasrtrell ), and the 7) TRINITAS 2007 Meritage Napa Valley ( $59.99 ) red Bordeaux blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot grapes.

I read he brief bio on wine-maker Kevin Mills and it makes me wonder when I read : " His emphasis is mainstream Trinitas with top tier Bordeaux and Burgundy varietals. " What does that word " mainstream " mean exactly here in this context when TRINITAS CELLARS is already doing so well with the Zinfandel and the Rhone grape varieties.? I'm a bit puzzled by this. I guess that I need next to try the 2006 Pinot Noir? Where are the grapes from?




So Jen, the next time you return to Washington D.C. I'd like to invite you tom come to the store after you finish visiting other stores and restaurants to do an in-store/wine-tasting here for an hour or two with our Cleveland Park customers? That would be really nice. In the meantime I will ask Arielle to taste at least one of your wines at her next weekend in-store wine-tasting.




I like the logo and image ( as well as the deep garnet colors and bright, shiny gold ) on the label. I especially like he three words below it : : SUN, SOIL, HUMANITY. Powerful words, so simple yet so fecund wt meaning and import, especially at a time like this with all the contamination's of soil and water and air. Where's the humanity with all these oils spills? Where's the word " humanity " put when business and money and profit projections and goals are placed first? I like that t is prominent and front and center here on these TRINITAS CELLARS labels. That's encouraging and draws my attention quickly and makes me ponder not only these three words but also those of " air " and " water " and " responsibility ".




I like his picture that I took of you Jen above. It really works for me. I hope you like it, too.



I like posing these types of pictures as the one above that combines Jen with her hands holding the TRINITAS CELLARS wine bottle, the 2006 CA. Zinfandel in my REIDEL glass, Jen's business card, Arielle's printed selection of the wines being shown today, our tasting table : it brings so may of the components all together into one image, cementing them so to speak.




This was a fun an educational serendipitous meeting that took place all too quick. I need to do it all over again sometime and not be so rushed. I enjoyed it all the same. Thanks Arielle and Jen. Hope our paths cross again sometime. Cheers, TONY

P.S. Please tell me more about the image on the label? Who drew it and it's inspiration to you? There's a story there that should be shared here in the comment section below. Please do share it with all of us. We would appreciate the time and effort you take to do so.


This was the day of our Big-Theme monthly " Oregon " Wine-Tasting and so that is why we had so little time to taste with Arielle and Jennifer. Oh well, that's how the wine washes so wonderfully down the gullet to complement the cookie .... all exciting, smooth sailing. I could enjoy a glass or two of that 2006 Mataro tonight after work. I'm off to start my week at the store and sell lots of wine and educate and entertain people, too on this cooler, less humid Tuesday morning at 8:53 AM on June 29th, 2010 after walking my dog just now here at home in northern Virginia ....

It's a good day to spread some humanity, show some humanity, consider it in our actions and deeds as one of the most important considerations before acting ...

No comments: