Tuesday, June 29, 2010

TY-KU Sakes, Liqueur Gensu Saturday June 26th, 2010 In-Store Early Afternoon Tasting @ Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits In Our Nation's Capitol/Inspired



On so many levels this was a grand tasting of both TY-KU sake, the liqueur and the Gensu : everything sold, everything was appreciated on some level with pretty much everyone having clear favorites.

These three products were shown to both Chris Barker and me perhaps almost a year ago. The one in the green bottle that lights-up from the bottom of the bottle was already on the shelf. Ravinder Sharma that usually buys the liqueurs for the store had already been shown it and had already purchased it. Had he already sampled it? I cannot remember.




I am embarrassed to say that it is already Monday night here at my home in northern Virginia at 11:26 PM on October 11th, 2010 and I have not already posted this? What is wrong with me?!?

So here I am going to post this and tell you that it was a grand eye-opener for both Chris and me as well as many of our customers on this weekend tasting.




It was a surprise for Chris and me because we did not know about all four of these products made by TY-KU. WE sampled them all and pretty much liked them all : certainly liked the concept and the packaging and saw the potential in them for sale. We were convinced to try selling three of the four when we were able to organize not only one but two tastings to get the ball really rolling with our customers at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com Facebook at : clevelandparkwines&spirits ).




We must have done the first tasting in March or April, 2010. I will look at my calendar. That one we did with Jack that got the whole ball rolling for us and our initial tasting with him. Thanks. It's always great to be able to hop onto the band wagon of something that is good and fun and exciting and that will be popular and satisfy a number of our regular customers as well as those that come specially because we are promoting something that they are very interested in already.




This tasting we did with one of Jack's assistants on Saturday June 26th, 2010. I think Jack came by for a few moments to be sure that everything was in place and to say " hello " to Chris, Ravi and me. It was all in place and proceeding quite well. We worked well as a team and I would recommend to many of our customers that they should stop and taste and learn and discover.

You never know when the next huge personal epiphany will be coming round the corner now do you?!?




As I recall we started this tasting quite early at Cleveland Park : perhaps around noon sometime? But people did stop and taste and they did buy, too. It was a winning tasting from start to finish and I am thrilled that we offered it a second time because many people were still discovering TY-KU for the very first time.




I loved the " faux " tattoo here on her right arm and so in many of these my artsy photos I was determined to capture/add and include it in the compositions of these photos. I think it's pretty eye-catching and pretty realistic. I love it's colors and it does help to set-off the black, white and green bottles of TY-KU. Thanks for being such a good sport and letting me take so many pictures of you holding the various TY-KU bottles.




I love the almost abstraction above in my picture here. I love the glass, the product it holds, the reflection of ceiling lights and the faux-false tattoo, too!




Funny, here I have only pictures of women sampling the three TY-KU products. I know that there were some men, too. I will look through my photos and add some of those to give a more complete picture of this event here in our store in northwest Washington D.C.




The one complaint that I had was that though the products were excellent that they seemed to in fact be produced in the United States and not in Japan or overseas. I think that this should be addressed so as not to create any confusion on the part of either the sales force or the consumer.




I have more to add and will do so I hope soon. In the meantime please enjoy all these pictures.




I hope that they inspire you to come to Cleveland Park or to your local wine-spirits store in search of them. We have them on our shelves and so are ready for you anytime.




We will have to talk to Jack once again to set another tasting as it is once again time to do this tasting all over again.




Cheers and stay-tuned for more real soon. TONY




Gotta love the simple message on the black t-shirt that she is wearing above : " Show me your skin".




I love the deep and rich and satiny color of the young brunette's dress above. Perhaps that could be the next color of the bottle for yet another Ty-KU product?




You have such beautiful eyes my dear in this picture of you above : captivating.




When I find Jack's card I will copy all the information on it here for you all wanting to get more technical information.

I am here for the visual inspiration and images that talk to each and every one of you that are visually inspired and impressed and motivated.

No comments: