Thursday, June 3, 2010

May 2010 Spanish Importer Estebe Brings Eduardo Lorenzo Of MANIA, Rueda, Another Spanish Wine Rep To Taste @ Cleveland Park Wines New Releases



Eduardo Lorenzo of MANIA Rueda, Spain - all whites. That's what we tasted with Eduardo on this day with Estebe that brought him to Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits 9 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 2010 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com facebook at : clevelandparkwine ) and I remember being quite favorably impressed with his selection. I really liked Eduardo : we bonded immediately. He picked up immediately on what I was doing on an artist's level to capture and record the moment we were sharing as I tasted through his wines.






As a result there were lots of smiles and laughing and bouncing comments back and forth and he played along really well with all my photographic antics and demands and smiled appropriately or grimaced or did whatever came to his mind as we worked our way through the various white wines and the bottles as seen here in the picture above.





I loved the colored capsules ans the colorful labels and most of all the colored plastic/ synthetic corks. Now that's something new " being attracted and possibly buying the wines for their fun and colorful plastic/ synthetic corks?!? Could I be swayed on a subconscious label ever to do just that? Probably.




I am here at home and trying to catch up on these blogs that I have only posted in their " draft " forms with only pictures so far. I have to find my notes and include them here shortly. Estebe has been in frequently and we are discussing using some of Eduardo's excellent Spanish whites for an in-store/ wine-tasting soon. They would show well and our customers in Cleveland Park will like them and they will buy them. We just have to figure out a date now in October to do a tasting featuring these wines of Eduardo's?




Eduardo is on the right in the picture above with me in the center and Estebe to the left.

It's all about timing and planning and I am sorry to say that I have dragged this out so long without any resolution for both Eduardo and Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. It's time to get this ball on the roll and to be able to taste with customers and remember all the moments that we all shared on this first meeting of both Eduardo and myself.

It's now Monday, September 27th, 2010 here at home in northern Virginia at 8:39 a.m. and I will post this now and then add the wines and their names and descriptions shortly. In the meantime enjoy these pictures. Gracias Eduardo e hasta luego. Come again anytime and let's do that wine-tasting with you here at Cleveland Park Wines the next time that you return to Washington D.C. Remember, we spoke of it when you were here in May, 2010 earlier this year. Your MANIA portfolio is impressive and we can work well with it. Who doesn't like the Spanish Rueda wines after all?!? Cheers, TONY

No comments: