Thursday, June 24, 2010

DOOLEY'S Toffee Cream & Vodka, DOM. DU TARIQUET Whites, DOM. ANDRE BRUNEL, GRAND CASSAGNE& " Only Girls ", " Le Clos " Red : Late 2009 W/Mike Martin

Domaine BRUNEL Rhone, GRAND CASSAGNE Dry Rose, & " Only Girls " Syrah Tasted, Too...


I like this product the DOOLEY'S Toffee Cream and vodka liqueur and have recommended it often to our customers. We have in On Sale at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits where I manage the wine department and I think it sells alright but know that they sales could be better on it unfortunately. It may be the packaging : people may look at it and not know what they are getting. It may simply bee to high-tech the packaging of the bottle and all ? It may be just right. I simply do not know except to say that when I have tasted it I have liked very much that it is neither to heavy or syrupy or too strong in alcohol either. It hits a nice balance and more subtle and polished cream flavors that I could easily sip some on the rocks or chilled all by itself.




I have already blogged about it here and have downloaded these pictures and am writing about it once again because I like these pictures very much.




I enjoy trying to capture more interesting / intriguing moments and angles and shots like the picture above to draw you closer - draw you into the story here a bit more. Being an artist I am willing to experiment fully and believe fully that in this manner things will result that I am a part of and that are more interesting I believe because I did not always know the end results.




I like this picture above because it has so many interesting parts and pieces to a puzzle that we have to fill in the blanks and complete the story. Do you agree?




I also love these " motion " shots that I take where I am moving my Canon digital camera as I take the picture. It's so rich and vibrant : shimmering and filled with color sounds and movement and music, too.




In this picture above you actually see the product outside the bottle and it's a bit a more thoughtful/reflective picture that I like as it gives us time now to focus on the product itself and collect ourselves before trying it.




I love this picture above! Talk about a nice candid that tells a great story all in itself between two people caught-up in laughter, with both the product in the glass clearly visible as well as the beautiful lady pouring the DOOLEY'S is actually holding the bottle in her hands, too.




Here she is seen through my cup filled with DOOLEY'S : my " signature " picture of showing the person ( in this case a gorgeous young lady that was as nice as could be, too : and engaging and good at getting people to try the DOOLEY'S ) through the glass/cup and product - a thin veil of the DOOLEY'S coats my glass - what a lovely film/aura it adds.




Love that smile above!




Love those two smiles above even more!




Ronnie Miller of the Robert Kacher portfolio of mostly excellent " value " French wines pours some of them at the same time of this DOOLEY'S Toffee Cream & Vodka tasting.




Ronnie Miller pours the Le Tarique of TARIQUET ( $12.99 ), a dry Cotes Du Gascogne southwest French white ;flavorful and very appealing/smooth and " fleshy " that has been hugely successful with our customers at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com ) for the last five years or so now. We have always sold the excellent Bas Armagnacs that they have sold here in the United States even before these excellent dry white wines were available.




Here's to you Ronnie! It's now Monday August 16th, 2010 here at home in northern Virginia on my last day off of a great two-week vacation at 11:29 AM and all is well. I hear that you have a larger territory with more people and ground to service and so Chris Barker and I wish you well and look forward to seeing you occasionally now as we give more of our orders to Lauren our sales person from Washington Wholesalers.

You also tasted Herve's " Le Clos " of the Domaine Eugenie Corbieres property that we sell both the regular as well as the " Reserve " dry red blends. Here with " Le Clos " we have something a bit different with some Bordeaux grapes blended with some Rhone : two grapes of each and we are now currently selling the excellent 2007 vintage at $9.99 a bottle that is a great deal.

Ronnie, you also poured the dry rose from the Costieres Du Nimes region of France from Dianne's vineyard CHATEAU GRANDE CASSAGNE($9.99). It was perfect for this warmer weather that we were enjoying at the time.




Ronnie, you also poured the ANDRE BRUNEL dry red Cotes du Rhone ( $11.99 ) while Mike Martin was still with us last year in 2009. We miss you Mike and wish you well in New York. The ANDRE BRUNEL showed quite nicely as usual with great balance and flavor and character that keeps the fruit tastes front-and-center as they should be.




Who are you texting here Mike? Anybody that we know?






This was a job well-done by all those involved. Thanks for your help, really.




Looks like we might have also been selling/tasting some of Dianne's " Only Girls " Syrah dry red blend that I enjoy selling so much in Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. Cheers and come and see us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. TONY

No comments: