Monday, May 10, 2010

Tom Calder Visits Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits To Taste Some Of His Arriving-Soon French Wine Selections On Friday Evening, May 23rd 2010



This was a fun, serendipitous visit from Tom Calder and Susan Lowell that helps him promote his French wine selections through Potomac Selections Imports here in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. They both came this Friday late afternoon/early evening when Ronnie Miller of the Robert Kacher selections was doing his in-store/wine-tasting with our customers at Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits. Everyone tasted together : first Ronnie's wines and then those of Tom.




     It was a great, busy Friday evening tasting here May 23rd, 2010 and it was great to have Tom Calder and Susan Lowell here to taste the " new " wines arriving from France from his small growers. At least one of them was supposed to have been on hand with him to taste me on these wines. I think that it was his grower/producer from the Jura area of France. Wow, years ago when I took Steven Spurrier's first-ever Beginners Wine Class at the Caves De La Madeleine's Academie du Vin just a few minutes walk from the Place De La Concord I cut my teeth on a dry Jura Vin du Paille and thought it curious and fun and a totally new wine-tasting experience for someone just having turned 21 years of age ...



     I will add later today or tomorrow the names of some of these wines that I tasted this Friday evening with Tom. In the meantime enjoy these artsy photos that I took of this moment in time shared with Tom, Susan, Ronnie, Chris and my old friend Cassie that just happened to be here at the right time. We all had a wonderful time sharing wines and stories and big smiles together, What more could anyone ever ask for?!?



     Stay-tuned for more really soon. It's now 5:08 PM on Monday, May 31st, 2010 Memorial Day and I am all-inspired by what it means for me and for us this important day of celebration and honoring/thanking our reps and servicemen of our armed forces. Thank-you all and cheers to you and all your efforts now and in the past ...

































For more info on Tom Calder go to : THOMAS CALDER ( Agent Commercial en Vin-Export Tel/Fax: 33(0) 1 46 45 15 29 Mobile : 33(0) 6 21 20 05 93 thcalder@yahoo.fr 39, Rue Benoit Malon, 92130 Issy-les-Moulineaux - France.

This is an update : Cheers Tom, sante Tom! ....


Ruth called me this past Saturday January 12th, 2014 at the store wanting some dry Provence French pale and delicate rose for her bouillabaisse recipe for this weekend with friends. I  put her on hold while I went to see what I had? We both were in luck as I had three bottles of a  Tom Calder selection dry rose that had just the right pale color and was $16.99 a bottle I believe that I got through Potomac Wine Selections. Tom was a writer and moved to Paris, France to continue that as well as to enjoy being in France. He left his job as the wine-buyer at Wagshalls here in Washington D.C. where Pam The Butcher moved to work at once leaving Brookville Market. This should work really well Ruth. You will have to let me know? You have shopped with us now for many years. You know Sidney Moore Margolis the old owner of the Mayflower Wines & Spirits where I worked once with Sidney. I miss her. She, too was a customer at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits. Let me know how the wine worked from Tom so that I may pass it on to Tom. Cheers,  Anthony ( TONY ) Quinn  Happy New Year Ruth and Tom!  It's now a nice , warmer , drier, half clouds and blue skies day here in northern Virginia on my day-off, 1/13/14

No comments: