Saturday, May 8, 2010

Richard Lay Returns With WET and SEX To Taste Both These Excellent Michigan Dry and Off-Dry Bubblies @ Cleveland Park Wines Early May, 2010

It's today Memorial Day Weekend : thanks Vets and Servicemen in our armed services!

I loved both of these SEX and WET Michigan dry bubbly wines, especially the dry rose ( a blend of the traditional not Noir and the Chardonnay grapes ) : but I did also enjoy the more fruit-forward white, too ( 100% Pinot Grigio ). They were both very pleasing, agreeable, smooth, bright; and most of all balanced with edgy names and great DH. Lawrence quotes that are fun and mischievous and I am going to enjoy now selling both of them at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 www.clevelandparkwne.com sales@cevelandparkwine.com ) because I know them both. Before I would have had to guess ( could make up some great stories with my keen imagination and artist's approach ) and now I may describe them in accurate as well as in artsy/romantic and fantastical ways.




Richard was a good sport as Mark Conglon, Chris Barker and I tasted them earlier this week in Cleveland Park N.W. Washington D.C. We already had both on the shelf and I was dying t try them to know more about them because as to sell for over $20 a bottle it is better to know how to describe them accurately as there is more money involved in the purchase. It's nice to sell a label but so much better to sell the wines inside the bottles themselves.





I am already all out of SEX as it as sold better tan the WET! I will order more from you Richard really soon for June delivery.

As you can see here I have fun taking some more artsy pictures o the bottles and the bubbly and Richard and the wine labels, etcertera. I am trying here to capture more of all the moment and experience at Cleveland Park as well as some of the playfulness of the labels and their names. It's all in good/great clean fun after all...




The other right I was looking straight at a young lady brunette customer with the bottles of SEX and WET just behind me and to my right side as I faced this young lady with both labels clearly visible to her along with all the other bubbly labels : and I asked her with a straight face i she would like to ave some SEX tonight? She smiled and we gt to talking about both the SEX and the WET bubblies. She was a good sport : lucky thing for me as it could have all gone so horribly wrong and I should have not been so mischievous or clever not even knowing her.




My other story that happened just this Memorial Day weekend on Friday night I believe : a young man asked me with his wife by his side whether or not we sold the US label as well? I said that I did not know it and that it had not been presented to us yet by Richard. Do you have it Richard : is it available? The customer had had it at a tasting of all of them and had really enjoyed it the most.

I learn something new all the time and many times from my customers. That's why I love my job and educating people about the mysteries and the fun and the magic and the great, varied, unique tastes of so many of them as I am constantly learning and discovering things for the very first time myself. Thanks for sharing sir about the US. I will get an answer this next week.




Anyway, come to the store and get some of both the SEX and the WET and live it up and make a grand party of it with someone special. No time to waste ...




I may add to this blog as I think of things. In the meantime here on May 30th, 2010 ( Sunday afternoon : it's gorgeous here and hot and sunny with blue skies on Memorial Day weekend at 3:11 PM here at home ) I think it is time to post this blog for everyone to enjoy the pictures and the text and to be inspired and curious to come check these two fun and dry and charming sparkling wines from Michigan. Cheers and Happy Memorial Day weekend. I sure have enjoyed seeing and listening to the roar and the noise and the thunder that the motorcyclists make as they ride their Harley's to Washington usually in a string of motorcycles.

I wrote some poems about them yesterday and will include them later today at : chatpoetry.blogspot.com for you all to read and enjoy. It got me to thinking about Memorial Day and I am glad that I reflected some on that yesterday and today. I want to give my own personal thanks to all the vets and active armed servicemen that have done what they have to make this a safer and helped to keep it the wonderful country that it is and " the home of the free".

Cheers to you all : dead and living. We all owe a debt of thanks to you and all your efforts and time spent in the armed services of our United States of America ... you can see I'm inspired by this as well as by the bubblies ... TONY







Don't these pictures here make you want to drop everything and rush out to the nearest quality wine store and buy a bottle or two or three of these Michigan bubblies to enjoy later toady or tonight? They do me ... I raise my glass and toast to having some SEX and some WET everyday in my life ...

No comments: