Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Melvin Goldman Of KEUKA LAKE VINEYARDS New York Here W/Danielle Davidowitz Tasting Current Releases Tuesday. May 18th, 2010 In Cleveland Park Wines



It was great to meet Melvin recently when Danielle Davidowitz of Dionysos Imports brought him by the store to taste his current wines available through Danielle. We tasted three three dry Rieslings ( one of them was a touch off-dry but certainly not sweet ) , a Delaware hybrid off-dry white ( that I found charming and very reasonably-priced at $12.49 a bottle ) and a Vignoles, too : all whites except for the one elegant, polished, delicate yet full-flavored light-bodied Cabernet Franc that filled my entire palate nicely ( satisfying me fully ) and yet leaving my good lady customer standing by me whispering that it was thin and not satisfying to her in the least. She grimaced when she told me this : I could almost feel her pain so I sipped the wine and told her that I did not agree at all with her assessment of the wine. But that's what makes it all so interesting : none of us should or have to agree with the other. We each have our own palates and that is all that we should follow! No more needs to be said about that : end of that conversation.




The conversation about the Cabernet Franc was held at the wine-tasting that later Danielle held of these KEUKA LAKE VINEYARDS New York State wines at the store on a Friday recently with our customers from 5-8 PM. We bought and sold some of all of Melvin's wines except the Vignoles that was just recently sold-out and not available for the tasting.

I will write more about these various wines once that I am back at the store in Cleveland Park N.W. Washington D.C. where I have now managed the wine department for 10 years. I will finish down-loading the other pictures and include names, vintages and prices for all these excellent wines of yours Melvin.

I really did enjoy our conversation and Chris Barker that works with knew both you and your wines having worked recently at Dean & DeLuca here in Georgetown for 2 years and having graduated from Cornell University where you supposedly teach?

Cheers and thanks again Danielle and Melvin. Stay-tuned for more really soon. Enjoy these photos in the meantime... being an artist I like to take more fun and exciting and artsy photos to stimulate the imagination and get you curious to go out in search of these wines to taste yourselves to draw your own conclusions ...






No comments: