Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Harrison Of William Harrison Imports Here With Dan Terasa Tasting His Own Argentina Wines Of DON MANUEL VILLATAN 5/25/2010, Tuesday



This was a very rushed tasting with owner Harrison of William Harrison Imports on Tuesday afternoon, May 25th, 2010. It was late and there was no time left as I already had an appointment with Jody Jackman and Andrea Englisis DWS of Anthenee Greek Imports in New York City. My good friends and customers Lee and Leslie were there to buy wines and I was able to talk them into trying the wines with me so that I could " kill two birds with one stone " so-to-speak. It was a whole lot of juggling going on and yet we all managed as I asked Jody to assist Lee and Leslie with wine selections so that I could taste these many wines that all showed up at once!

I could not say " no " to Dan and to Harrison. It was Harrison's first visit to our store and I had to spend some time with him, appointment or not. I felt stressed and pressure and on-edge as a result of all this falling in our lap at once.




Harrison's " new " Argentina vineyard DON MANUEL VILLATAN is exciting. We tried 3 of his Reserve wines : the 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon and the 2007 Malbec. Lee and Leslie liked both and pleaded with me to buy both as they would buy some of both. They were disappointed that we did not already have them at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) already.




We also tasted the Bourgogne Pinot Noir Reserve 2008 from Domaine PIERRE ANDRE, an old vines ( vieilles vignes ). We actually tasted that first, before he wines of DON MANUEL VILLATAN. We liked the 2008 PIERRE ANDRE but not enough to buy it immediately. I'm glad that I tried it anyway because you never know when it will be exactly the right wine for the right time at least you don't without tasting. I think that it may just be too young for me right now. It just was not showing enough of anything, certainly not enough bright toasty cherry/berry fruit that I associate with pinot noirs from Burgundy.

I'm curious Dan to try it in another six to eight months. Maybe you can bring us a bottle in late October or November if there is any available then? You will most undoubtedly be sold out then as it will be Thanksgiving time and a perfect time for a good, relatively inexpensive Pinot Noir to enjoy with the bird. Oh well, we'll just have to see what happens here.





Here are Jody Jackman and Andrea Englisis ( she declined our offer to try the wines ) trying the wines of Harrison and Dan. At least Jody tried them : I don't know why Andrea did not. It's okay : she might have been totally focused on her wines and her presentation that was already delayed because of all these surprise visitors at the last minute. Thanks for being patient with us Andrea, I did not about these surprise visits from Dan, Harrison and Antoine Songy.

I forgot to mention that Antoine Songy the President of the Robert Kacher Selections came in with his French owners/wine-makers of the DOMAINE FONT MICHELE ( Chateaunuef-Du-Pape, DOMAINE JOEL DELAUNAY ( Touraine, Loire Valley ), CHATEAU De MINIERE ( Touraine, Loire Valley ) and DOMAINE TARIQUET ( Gascogne, Sud Ouest, France ). It was a lot to balance all at once. But it is always worth it : strike while the iron is hot! Don't lose the moment / the momentum.


I will have to ask Dan the vintage and the price of this DOMAINE PIERRE ANDRE Bourgogne rouge. We have sold the PIERRE ANDRE wines now for years and so we will see what is currently available when we give Dan our order really soon for a July delivery.




It was great to get you Harrison finally into our store as we have bought so many wines from you over the years. Dan has done a great job representing your wines to us over the last few years.




It's time to post this tomorrow morning as I am quite tired tonight, Tuesday evening July 27th, 2010 here at my home in northern Virginia as I proof this and make the final edit and comments.

I'll get up early and read it over one last time and then post it as I am looking forward to getting these " new " wines to the store by August 1st, 2010. We will get two of these " new " wines and that will be a good start. I will have to let Lee and Leslie my friends know that they will be in the store really soon as they were there to taste them with Dan and Harrison.

Sorry for the delay in getting this out to you all. Cheers, TONY




Being an artist I like to take artsy photos like the one above. I hope that you all like it as much as I do.



P.S. Look for the blogs on all these other groups as well that I will download over the next couple of days.




Thanks Harrison for stopping by with your new wines. It was a treat to try them with you.




In this picture above my dear friend Leslie samples some of Harrison's Argentinian red wines. She will be happy to know that they will finally be in Cleveland Park in August, 2010. It's about time, too!



We have a good time - a GREAT TIME at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits as we welcome everyone and share everything / open everything up to practically everyone as this is the only way to make everyone feel at home in the store and also give them a souvenir and a memory that is one-of-a-kind and worth remembering and sharing with others. I like this, really I do.

JOIN US ONE AND ALL, THERE IS NEVER ANY CHARGE. BRING FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS AND BUSINESS ASSOCIATES AND MAKE IT YOUR OWN " EVENT ". Cheers, TONY

1 comment:

De' Grave said...

Harrison is a great guy. I'd love to sample his wines. How can I find out when and where you will have a tasting which showcases the wines that he imports?