Thursday, May 6, 2010

Daniel Gehrs Himself, Owner Of DANIEL GEHRS,California Visits Cleveland Park Wines & Tastes Current Vintages From Marcie Weinstein @ Constantine Wines



This was a really nice treat for me as I had already tried these wines of DANIEL GEHRS with Marcie Weinstein our rep for Constantine Imports. We already had them here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 , Tel:202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) and that felt good. It always does when we meet wine-makers and wine owners : it's always nice to already know about the wines as well as it is to have them on our shelves. Of course this is impossible and I also like discovering " new " wines as often as possible as that is also very inspiring.




I like what Daniel Gehrs is making in California : balanced, well-made wines that have character and are wines that I could enjoy with my meals. That's really important to me : to be able to enjoy them both before my meal and then later with it. This is what I look for in a wine and here Daniel's wines are both well-made, distinct with personality and also reasonably-priced. You get a good wine for the $20 or so that you pay for a bottle of the DANIEL GEHRS 2009 Chardonnay or the 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon. We also tasted the 2006 Syrah.




I stand by this statement and the fact that we bought more from Marcie and that they are on our shelves still now weeks after this visit of Daniel's is my proof. I'm not sure when Marcie brought Daniel by? I will have to check my notes at work. I am home now on Monday, May 24th, 2010 and want to get this post done today before starting my week. I will have to finish with the few details I need to add later this week.

I also have more pictures to add when I get a chance.




I like to take my signature pictures of the people through my Reidel win-tasting glass with some of the wine in the glass at the time to show the connection between existing and including often the wine bottle, too. Being an artist I like to experiment with my pictures and see what results. Often I get at least a few really interesting pictures doing this.




I love this picture above of Daniel seeming to float over a lake of his Chardonnay 2009 DANIEL GEHRS! For more information on Daniel and his wines go to : P.O. Box 438 , Los Olivos, California 93441 Tel: 800-275-8138 www.DanielGehrsWines.com.




As I have said I liked Daniel's wines and was glad to be able to tell him that I did. I liked their balance and that even the Syrah 2006 was only 14.3% alcohol by volume which is low for California. Both the DANIEL GEHRS Chardonnay 2009 and the Cabernet Sauvignon were under 14% alcohol by volume.

Daniel, next time you visit Washington D.C. let's do an in-store/wine-tasting with your excellent wines. Maybe we can even do a Wine-Maker Dinner as well and tie the two together? Cheers and thanks for stopping by with Marcie to taste the other day. TNY

No comments: