Friday, May 7, 2010

CH. MOUTON-ROTHSCHILD 2003, Wine Spectator Wine- Tasting Thurs, Grand Tour April 30th, 2010 In Wash. D.C. @ Ronald Reagan International Center



This was the 2003 CHATEAU MOUTON ROTHSCILD Pauillac ) owner Baronne Philippine De Rothschiild, Philippe Dhalluin, winemaker, Rue de Grassi, 33250 Pauillac, Bordeaux, France ) from Bordeaux that really needs no introduction. French wine importer David Stephan ( 917-627-4934 ) brought me to it when our paths crossed a few minutes earlier as I grabbed a quick bite to eat after leaving the atrium and deciding to strike off into the room filled with reds from France and the United States. It was a lovely chance meeting with both of us sporting big, broad smiles and I liked this very much. We quickly broke into our French and I asked him what he recommended that I see?




We weaved our way around the aisles until we were standing in front of this young Frenchman that seemed to know David as they exchanged some words, I was introduced and he poured me some wine.

David told me that he had left working for Jean-Luc-Colombo ( www.vinscolombo.fr ) that I still really enjoy selling and that he was working with people in France starting up an small importing company to sell wines here in the U.S. He asked me if I knew of any wholesalers that could help sell his wine selection here in the Washington D.C. are and I told he that I did and that he should call me later.






Here's David Stephan pictured above. We tasted at several tables more before he said that he had to go and that he would call me later. Merci David , bonne chance et a la prochaine ...




This is Gus the owner of Constantine Wines pictured above. Our paths crossed here at the 2003 CHATEAU MOUTON ROTHSHCILD table.




It's always fun to take pictures of the wines being poured. Being an artist I did lots of this.

I will write more but in the meantime post this as it is already Friday, May 28th, 2010 and I am way behind schedule as it is already. I loved the event and had a wonderful time. The organizers and everyone working the event ( along with the fabulous wine selection ) all did a great job and deserve a big round of applause. Cheers et merci ... TONY




Also, being an artist I love taking my signature pictures of people through the wine glass ( as well as bottles of wines and their labels through the wine glass ). I manage Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel :202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ).











No comments: