Friday, April 23, 2010

KIMBERLY JACKSON WICKMAN Of JAX VINEYARDS, Napa Valley, CA. Here Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 Tasting " Current " Releases



This was a great impromptu visit with owner Kimberley Jackson Wickman of the JAX Vineyards in Napa, California and Matt of the Five Grapes Imports company that sells her wines here in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. I was both pleased and happily surprised as I immediately recognized the label with the wholes in it and the missing circles! What happens to them : and where do they go( " Where do they all go? All the lonely people? " from the Beatles' song " Eleanor Rigby ". I must be in a Beatles' mood these days as I keep referring to their songs of the 60's! I am an artist and so I ask you indulgence as I intertwine the arts together here along with the wine which is an art form for me, too. The circles : they must be lonely? Or are they all swept up and collected and together?!? Does anyone care? Should anyone? I do as I can see an app for them ( Apple's app anyone? Funny, the Beatles and their Apple records label, inspired Steve Jobs did it?!? ).




Anyway, I really did enjoy Kimberly's visit and it encouraged me to both share all these comments with her and show her the pictures that I have stored in a draft for of Alexis' earlier visit.

We had a great visit on both occasions and I shared things with Kimberly of that visit and asked her if Alexis had mentioned any of her visit and my questions to her?




I have just finished my blog and that first visit and it may turn out to be much longer than this one. I said a lot in that blog about all of the connections that I made looking at their innovative, creative, quirky, modern-touch labels; as well as from tasting the wines themselves.




I am going to go completely insane ( overboard here ) and become completely vulnerable to attack and ridicule and sympathy as I continue now my thought on " ... how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall ... " from the Beatles's album of 1967 (a great musical year ) with their release of the album : Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band ". I just counted the holes on the JAX Vineyards labels and there are 21 full holes and six partial/half holes and one red filled-in area where another hole cold have been?

That means in the picture above that there are twenty six circles for each label or seventy-eight circles somewhere/ missing?/whereabouts unknown?/ that could be useful somewhere when found or seventy-two circles per case out there that could be represented/recycled and used to benefit somewhere by some enterprising individual wanting to help save our world and the destruction of more trees unnecessarily?!? I have suggestions for their use in the first blog when Alexis visited us so I will not continue here. Just go to our home page and scroll down ( you may have to click on the word March ) to get to that blog here.

Thanks for your indulgence here ; I really do appreciate it.




But now back to this visit of Kimberly's that I enjoyed so much. I remember how much Alexis spoke about loving her work working with both Kimberly and her husband that own the JAX Vineyards in Napa, California. Alexis could not say enough about their energy and enthusiasm and conviction. So, this blog is going to be about that as I and my Canon digital camera witnessed it first ( two hands ) as Kimberly spoke as much with her hands as she did with her facial expressions, eyes, mouth, smiles, and grimaces.

It was fun to watch all of this as it all happened quickly and I am thrilled that my Canon captured part of all this to enjoy now myself and to share with all of you. Kimberly, you have a beautiful smile.




I like being an artist and observing and enjoying and appreciating all of this as much as I am able. It's a whole lot to absorb all at once, really it is.




I captured Kimberly here pouring the wines and speaking with passion and conviction. She had a lot to respond to as I threw many comments her way trying to see what I would get back in return? She did not fail me : rather she delighted and charmed me and what man would not love / does not love that? One might ask later how much was true and real and personal and not just professional and business? I think that much of the responses were the former : do I flatter myself here Kimberly?




I like the blogging format because I believe that it allows for a more personal and direct approach that is both that as well as business where business and personal are relevant and needed : but not one trumping always the other. I like to express myself and tell stories that I hope will touch others out there in cyberspace in a positive way mostly? That is my intent anyway.




I love these pictures like this one above of Kimberly speaking both with her words and with her body/facial and hands ( fingers, too ). The one above is priceless for me. I captured a lot of he variables here with her holding a bottle of her 2007 Y3 Napa Valley Chardonnay. The Y3 Napa Valley Sauvignon Blanc is also a 2007 I believe? The y3 Napa Valley Syrah is a 2005 along with the JAX Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon. I will have to include prices shortly but I am at home on Sunday afternoon, April 25th, 2010 at 4:26 PM typing all of this and trying to get caught up with all these blogs I have now stored in their draft form.




Speaking as an artist here I also like the lighting that I captured and the shadows and the shadings and the stronger/brighter images sometimes and the more grainy ones with more darks, too. hey are all not Kodak moments in the most obvious/desired sense. But to me as an artist and a historian, too they are all essential to help tell a more complete story and fill in more of the " missing holes ".




I also love this picture of Kimberly above. I love the clenched hand and her focus. What were you saying here Kimberly?

Some pictures may be more flattering than others but I use them to tell this moment better. I could have let them fall to the floor, so-to-speak as the circles fell from the labels as they were punched and printed but then there would have been missing pieces to my story which by definition already has many as there are so many millions of things that make up each and every moment ...




So thanks Kimberly and Matt. You really gave me a great moment here to enjoy and digest and first chew on. I really enjoyed trying the wines and look forward to having both the JAX Y3 Suavignon Blanc 2007 and the JAX Vineyards Y3 Napa Valley Syrah at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363-4265 , sales@clevelandparkwine.com, www.clevelandparkwine.com ) where I have now managed the wine department for the last ten years here the first week of May, 2010.

Come by the store and buy a bottle of these and check them out really soon. You will be pleased as punch when you do. Cheers, TONY




I like this picture of you Matt. I don't think you knew that I was taking it at the time. What a fun time the three of us had here in Cleveland Park with these four JAX Napa Valley Vineyard wines ...












Enjoy, TONY ... I certainly did ...

No comments: