Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jeff Buege ( Gregarious Misanthrope )Of JED STEELE Wines : Pacini, Shooting Star Blue Franc : W/Jody Jackson ( D'ARENBERG. VITIANO, 14-18H Greek Rose



I like the juxtaposition and angle here looking up at you Jeff with your " look / stance " and the STEELE Pacini Zin label and it's shine against your skin above and the darkness of the shiny olive-green bottle below. Your 'stache and the label both share golden hues and accents. I like the complement of one with the other. This is my artistic side speaking and I hope you like it Jeff. I certainly can't hide it.

This was really a fun wine-tasting Friday evening at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com, www.clevelandparkwine.com ) on April 16th, 2010 with both Jeff Buege ( gregarious misanthrope ) of the JED STEELE wines ( 4350 Thomas Drive at Highway 29, P.O. Box 190 , Kelseyville, California 95451 Tel: 707-279-9475, Fax: 707-279-9633 www.steelewines.com ) and Jody Jackman of the Winebow imports. It all just sort of happened at the very last minute and it was a thrill to be able to finally meet Jeff that has made wines and promoted them with Jed since 1085. The had met working for the KENDALL JACKSON winery and from what Jeff tells me they did not hit it off well at first. Funny, I guess they mended their ways and differences as they seem to have worked well together now for more than twenty five years and Jeff tells me that he has many stories to share. I look forward to hearing some of those sooner than later I hope.

The chemistry between us all this evening was very good ( Jeff, Jody, Chris Barker and myself and all our customers ) and so we had a wonderful time and also sold lots of wine.





Jody, you actually radiate and exude cheer and fun and a touch of mischievousness here. I like it! It's a great picture of you don't you think?


As you can see by the pictures we all had a wonderful time here and I took many pictures of our customers with their bottles of STEELE and SHOOTING STAR wines. I should have taken them of the wines that Jody sold ( D'ARENBERG, 14-18H dry Greek rose, FALESCO'S " Vitiano " dry rose ) as we sold many of those bottles as well. Sorry Jody, I should have done this but we all know that many of your wines were sold along with those of Jeff Buege. Thanks, too for understanding and welcoming Jeff to taste alongside of you at the last minute like this. You and I spoke afterward and both of us agreed that it worked really well and that we probably sold more wine this way. I think so. It sure was a lively, animated three hours or more in the store. You both stayed more than the three hours as there were still customers there wanting to taste and willing to buy once that they did. I know that we were all tired and happy as we walked out of the store between 8-9 PM this past Friday here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits on April 16th, 2010. Thank you both Jeff and Jody for tasting with our Cleveland Park neighborhood customers. We could not have accomplished all of this without your invaluable help and enthusiasm.




This was a really wonderful moment spent with Jeff and Jody here in Cleveland Park as we tastes so many excellent wines like the STEELE " Pacini " Old-Vines Zinfandel ( $17.99 ) : perhaps my favorite vintage so far : as well as both the SHOOTING STAR unoaked Sauvignon Blanc and the Blue Franc ( both under $15 ).These are three of my favorite things/wines from Jed and Jeff.




It's now Saturday, May 8th, 2010 at 9:07 AM here at home in northern Virginia and though I have a lot more to remember to say here I am going to post this blog now before driving to work in Washington D.C. to sell more wines which will include these excellent wines of Jeff and of Jody.




You both were great and worked really well together and it was a memorable experience for me and I am glad to share these pictures with everyone else that was unfortunately unaware of this tasting or not able to attend. Oh well, there will be others but none quite like this as it is unique and special and unrepeatable as things and people and circumstances always change.




I've realized that in posting these blogs I become a bit of a historian as well as continuing to be an artist and I like all of this just fine : it suits me and my personality and character just fine. " Like breathing in and out " it's natural for me and I hope that you enjoy both the chattiness and the pictures as this is what I think that I can bring to the tasting table and how I may add to the equation of wine information and stories that are already out there.




Jane loves her Zinfandels and here she has the STEELE " Pacini Vineyard " old-vines ( $17.99 ) that Jed Steele actually bought a few years ago. It's one of the places that he was early on in his career and so he knows it inside and out I am sure. Right Jed?




Jeff, the next time we will have to have both you and Jed doing the next STEELE/ SHOOTING STAR tasting here in Cleveland Park.




Nelson can't believe that I am taking a picture of him here above.









Sandy really liked the bottle of SHOOTING STAR unoaked dry Sauvinon Blanc ( $13.49 ) and is buying a signed bottle by Jeff here.




Another happy customer shows his SHOOTING STAR unoaked Sauvignon Blanc here as well.




Jeff and all the beautiful ladies gather around him to take this picture to help remember the great time we all shared in each other's company.




Our friend and good customer above is a great fan of the LEFFE beer and now a fan, too of Jeff and Jed's SHOOTING STAR unoaked CA. Sauvignon Blanc ( $13.49 ).

Cheers and thanks Jeff and Jody. You two were great. Come again anytime. TONY

No comments: