Wednesday, April 7, 2010

4/7/2010, Ethan Lavin Of Noble Vintners Inc. Tastes MARK DAVIDSON Shiraz & 2008 Dry Riesling & VC California Dry Rose @ Cleveland Park Wines



Ethan Lavin also tasted us on the 2007 MARK DAVIDSON Aussie dry red blend of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon...

Oops! I started writing this blog below and so this is where I will continue it. However, to get the full effect scroll down and start reading below if you care to and then scroll back up here to finish.

Ethan Lavin brought Chris and me some interesting wines and we have the California dry rose on our shelves now along with the MARK DAVIDSON dry Aussie 2008 Riesling. I've put some of the dry Riesling in our cold box and it is selling well from there as it will make a great wine accompaniment to many of the great local take-out meals that may be had at Nam Viet ( three store fronts down from us heading towards the National Zoo ) or from the two Thai restaurants that are less than a block from us.




I really enjoyed this dry VC CA. rose and am happy to have it on our shelves. Ethan brought us some interesting things and he promises to bring us some more next week when he comes to visit Chris and me. I will have to go to his web page and see what he has that might be of interest to us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008, Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) here in our nation's capitol.




It looks to me like NOBLE VINTNERS brings some really interesting wines to the Washington D.C. area and that we will enjoy doing more business with them once that we taste more of the fun and the eclectic wines made from indigenous grapes typical of certain regions. What do you have Ethan? Can't wait to try some of them.




Look at the beautiful color of the VC California dry rose : it's so salmon-colored/hued. I think that some smoked salmon or salmon fillets might be just the ticket here. Even some fresh strawberries would be grand here sitting outside sipping the rose while nibbling on the fresh strawberries as you watch life " happen " all around you and luxuriate in the freshness, warmth and beauty of your surroundings?! Sound nice?




Ethan, we will have to set you up for an in-store wine-tasting and have you come one Friday evening or Saturday afternoon to do a tasting of these wines. Are you free anytime soon?




In the picture above is the MARK DAVIDSON red : is it the Shiraz or the blend? I think it is the Shiraz which is now vintage-dated. Before it was a blended non-vintage Shiraz from various vintages. We liked it : so did our customers. However, other stores or restaurants must have mentioned this and so it is always easier to sell a vintage-dated still wine instead of a blend of vintages.




Being an artist I like to take lots of artsy photos ( you can go to my art blog here at : chatart.blogspot.com ) to see more of the artsy photos that I enjoy composing and experimenting with to capture more interesting aspects of each and every moment.




Look at that garnet/golden-hued red color of MARK DAVIDSON Aussie red above in the Reidel wine-tasting glass : it's pretty spell-binding. It certainly captures and holds my attention.




Here's a good picture of Ethan Lavin as he presents his selection of wines to Chris and me on April 7th, 2010.




I love capturing in the pictures above and below the colors of the wines in my Reidel wine-tasting glasses. I especially like capturing good shots of the wines being poured like the one below. I like these action shots.

The writing below is what I wrote earlier when I started this blog. I hope that you enjoy these pictures and that you come and visit Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits soon.




This was a god meeting for Chris Barker and me as we had not met Ethan Lavin ( regional sales manager ) for NOBLE VINTNERS Incorporated ( 1100 Wicomico Street, Suite 302 Baltimore, Maryland, 21230 Tel: 410-244-1444 Tel: 888-Noble-07 (662-5307) Fax: 410-244-1433 www.noblevintners.com, elavin@noblevintners.com ) that sells us the MARK DAVIDSON Aussie wines ( especially the Shiraz ) that we need for one of our good customers.



Ethan brought us the new releases of the three MARK DAVIDSON Aussie wines to taste and we bought some Shiraz immediately for Nadine. I just got off the phone with Ethan a few minutes ago ( it's Tuesday, May 11th, 2010 now here at home in northern Virginia at 9:52 AM ) and I told him that his company had sent me Riesling and not Shiraz! I kept the Riesling and am happy to have it : but I need Shiraz! I will get some really soon for you Nadine! I have not forgotten you!




Look at that incredible red color of wine being poured for me by Ethan in the picture above : it's all infused with the bright light coming from our ceiling lights above. Impressive. I want to have some right now!







Thanks Ethan for stopping by and tasting Chris Barker and me here on these selections of yours. I think we both enjoyed what we tasted with you and look forward to doing more business with you and NOBLE VINTNERS Inc. See you next week for Part Two. Cheers, TONY

No comments: