Saturday, March 27, 2010

Paul Jameson Of The Jameson Wine Experience Meets Barbara Lawson Owner of LAWSON'S Vineyard, New Zealand Wines @ Cleveland Park Wines On 3/2010



I've known Paul Jameson now for many years as we once lived in the same neighborhood within the beltway back in the early 1990's and late eighties. It seems like a lifetime and we have shared a common bond in wine and food. I have been in the wine business all along and Paul has been an avid lover of all wines European that has grown over the years to include wines from pretty much all around the world including local Virginia wines as well as other East Coast wines.

What I like about Paul most is that he has an open mind about trying different wines that I have suggested to him over the years. If my argument is strong he will usually try the wine or wines that I suggest because he is aware that he may indeed really like them. I admire this about him and it has been a pleasure to both know him, drink and eat and socialize with him and his wife that are now both dear friends as well as sell him " new " wines to discover and hopefully enjoy. My track record is pretty good according to what he has told me over the years.




Here Paul is tasting the wines of LAWSON Vineyards in Marlborough, New Zealand with owner Barbara Lawson herself. She came and did an in-store wine-tasting recently and I have already blogged about that here on chatwine.blogspot.com. Check that out, too.

I write this blog entry about Paul Jameson now because he has a new venture called Jameson Wine Experience and he is prepared to offer at-home and at-office/at-restaurant wine-tasting experiences for large or small groups of individuals wanting someone with experience to put it all together and to carry it off without a hitch. Paul will be great at this as he has already done so many informally with others and has attended many himself over the years. I feel very comfortable recommending his services to you and I will include his contact information shortly as well as his web page for you all to look at. If you have any questions you may always contact me as well for further references at : tonythewineguy@gmail.com. I will be happy to answer any questions if I am able and have the right information for you.




I remember years ago when I attended a Peter Weygandt wine-tasting at a Virginia country club hosted by Paul Campanella that has been a friend of Paul for years. I wonder whether Paul was there at this same tasting that I attended? He may have been but I do not think that we knew each other then as it may have been in the late eighties? My memory is vague on this point. However, I will be seeing both Paul Jameson and Paul Campanella this next Sunday at the Jameson's as my wife and I are invited to dinner there with the Campanella's. It will be fun and if I remember I will mention this tasting to both Paul's and get their feed-back then. The one thing I do remember was that it was tough to evaluate the wines from Peter Weygandt because there was only one glass per person and the wines were served fairly quickly, one after the other and there was no way to go back and taste them and be able to taste them side by side as they opened up and revealed more of their personalities. That's too bad : and in my mind ( as well as on my taste buds ) this was a big mistake because I left not having as much of an idea of the distinctions and individual characters of these various selections of Peter's that I wanted to believe were some of the best but presented like this so quickly one after the other hard for me to be sure of anything really.

Anyway back to the present and this recent visit of Paul Jameson's to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits to meet and taste the wines of Barbara Lawson. This was a great visit with Barbara Lawson ( I believe perhaps her fourth by this point? ) of the LAWSON Vineyards. On this trip and tasting I fell in love with her 2008 Sauvignon Blanc that we sell for $19 a bottle I believe? I'm at home on Monday, April 19th, 2010 at 5:17 PM on my day-off writing this so I do not have everything handy here. I am trying to catch up on all the blog entries that I have posted the pictures into draft form awaiting my text and stories. It's become a wonderful and yet daunting task as I am meeting so many people these days and trying so many interesting wines that I have now a large backlog of blogs needed to be completed and posted. I only have so much time and so much energy to devote to this and so it is something I approach slowly and with the knowledge that I want to do things right even if it takes me longer to accomplish than I would like. So far so good : bit by bit I am making progress and not having to sacrifice content and thought and story-telling along with text to help bring the pictures into a clearer focus and to give more meaning to these moments if you will.




In this photo below Paul is talking to Chris Barker that now works at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits with me helping me to buy and to sell our selections. They are standing in front of the New Zealand wines and so are perhaps discussing the LAWSON wines or some others?





I love this big smile from you Barbara in this photo above. It shows you at your very best and you look beautiful and relaxed : what more could anyone ask for?




What are you talking about here Paul? You seem to be caught up in a thought and are perhaps waxing poetic about one of Barbara's wines? Or are you recounting a personal experience about some Kiwi wine? Whatever it has got Barbara's attention and as she closes her eyes for a split second and has her left hand raised/cupped here she may be formulating her response? Love the animation. Love that you were here at this tasting with Barbara Paul and I wish you all the luck in your new venture and I will help you in any way that I can.

To contact Paul Jameson of the JAMESON WINE EXPERIENCE go to : Paul W. Jameson, jamesonwine@jamesonwine.com, www.jamesonwine.com ; Tel : ( 703 ) 304-2308 in Vienna, Virginia. As Paul says right on his business card : " Experience Wine the Fun Way! " With you help and all your years of experience Paul I believe that that is about as done a deal as anyone cna expect or hope for. Cheers friend of mine, TONY

No comments: