Monday, March 29, 2010

Idaho's STE. CH APELLEWhites ( Dry Riesling, Dry Gewurztraminer & Soft Chenin Blanc - All 2007's ) & HESS' Butter 'N Oak Chardonnay 3/30/2010



This was Passover today when Tim Gural of Washington Wholesalers came by to make his presentation of these four STE. CHAPELLE Idaho wines ( all from the 2007 vintage : a dry Riesling , a dry Gewurztraminer, a late harvest Riesling - all from the Snake River area ; and the one exception being the soft 2007 Chenin Blanc which is a blend of mostly Washington State as well as Idaho grapes ) and the butter and oak HESS dry Chardonnay which we are currently selling for $11.99 a bottle. I was very pleased with everything that I tasted and I think that Tim is smiling because I bought everything except for his late-harvest STE. CHAPELLE Riesling which I will buy really soon and offer it as well.




I have known about these wines for quite some time ( twenty years or so? ) and I have tasted some of them, too. However, I have not tasted four STE. CHAPELLE whites in a row like this and I thank you Tim for bringing them to me at Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008, Tel: 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) where I have now managed the wine department for almost ten years now.




I had been working on updating our store web page at : www.clevelandparkwine.com and you came by with these STE. CHAPELLE wines for me to taste. I took time to taste them because I really believe firmly that a good wine store represents the wealth of the wines that are available to be purchased and sold and not simply the 5% that happen to be popular at any given point and time.

I was also very pleased to like them all and want to have all four of them in our store at one time : especially when I learned that I could offer all of them except the late-harvest Riesling for $9.99 a bottle.

They have been in the store now for almost a month and they are selling well. I also have them chilled for purchase in our wine cold box and I know that that helps, too. So far the response has been quite positive and I have not had any complaints that I can think of now.






I f things continue to progress like this I am sure that I will order more STE CHAPELLE from Tim Gural and Lauren our sales people from Washington Wholesalers. This is great news and I am very happy to have them in our store in northwest Washington D.C. in our nation's capitol.

I am also very happy to have the current vintage of this HESS dry butter and oak Chardonnay from California to sell. It is a very popular style, a well-known brand and it sells very well for us. I am sure that I will be ordering more of it soon, too as we are getting low.




I floor-stacked all of these three STE. CHAPELLE whites as well as the HESS Chardonnay. This has been some good and smart business for us at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits.




I may add more to this soon but will post it now. I hope you enjoy it and my artsy photos that I took here of wine and bottle and label and wine glass - all interconnected and essential to one another. Being an artist this relationship is paramount and more important as well as those that bring us/ me the wines. I don't spend any time on points and scores and that kind of hype which I firmly believe has little or no value and serves more as a crutch and a safety net and robs people of their own opinions and input to a large extent, limiting their own experiences of the wines and the meals, too. Just my opinion, I know and I need to better explain. I will later as this is an on-going blog for me and I have many pictures to take and many opinions and stories and ideas of mine to express before I sleep. Cheers, TONY









No comments: