Monday, March 29, 2010

Danielle Davidovitz Of Dionysos Imports Tastes 07 Peloponnese Merlot/Cab Blend, 2 ECARD Savigny-Les-Beaune Red 06 1er Crus , Gavala Vnyds Santorini

And A Dry Red Portuguese Quinta On 3/25/2010 " the headline should finish.


This was fun and I was tired having just finished a lot of work in the office on our web page at : www.clevelandparkwine.com. It was time for a break and here came along Danielle with a bag full of wine goodies. I could not resist the 2006 dry red burgundies from the town of Savigny-Les-Beaune ( both 1er Cru wines of " Les Gravains " and " Les Serpentieres " - both 100% Pinot Noir.

Truth be told I could also not resist trying the two Greek wines : a dry white 2008 from the island of Santorini called GAVALA Vineyards. I think it was a Assyrtico indigenous grape white wine. Then there was the dry red 2007 Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon blend that looks like Muylia? Is that correct? It is labeled as red dry regional wine of Peloponnese, Greece.

Danielle also had a bottle of a dry red Portuguese Quinta. I will have to ask her more about all of these as it was getting late and customers were starting to come to the store to buy their wines and I was distracted. I did take some pictures, however and I am always glad for that as it helps me to recollect things and have enough information to carry on later in any way that I might choose.




I tried both of the ECARD dry red Savigny-Les-Beaune 1er Cru burgundies and kept thinking that at this stage in their lives they really needed some food to flesh them out and give them more color and pizazz and life. For these prices they needed the enhancement that a nice meal would provide them with.




I like to try and capture the color and clarity of the wines as you can see in both of these pictures. Sometimes I succeed better than others. Something, however is better than nothing as seeing the colors can be stimulating and make people want to find a bottle to try for themselves. This is in part my goal as well as to pay tribute to the wines themselves.




I like how in the picture above there are many separate parts that come together here to make and interesting composition and whole.




Danielle, in all the years that I have done these photos you are I believe the very first to ask if you could use my camera to take pictures? You asked if I had any pictures of myself tasting wine? No, not many but a few here and there. Thanks for snapping these of me.




I like to try and stretch the imagination and the ability to look and feel and taste outside of the box so to speak and I think that this picture above helps to set the tone for all of that. Do you agree?




I think that the wine that caused the most excitement for both Danielle and me was this dry 2007 red blend of Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon from the Peloponnese region of Greece. I started to write on this white sheet of paper as I tasted it and I spoke the words as I wrote : " Earthy/ musty, dried fruit - dried dust ... Greece's finest sweat ... " and I believe that you Danielle began to add to this with : " perspiring of the earth with a Greek man with chest hair and a gold cross necklace ". We both smiled at this and , of course, I immediately wrote it down here to include later in my blog.

These words above are in homage to the wine as well as in praise of the wine. We both liked it and I was also attracted to the label and it's mustard yellow and bright colors and interesting graphics. I will have to ask Danielle how much it costs as I cannot remember. Depending on the price I will buy it for Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel: 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) as we have had a good selection of them ever since Peter Anastopolos started buying them fifteen or more years ago.




I love the deep blue of the dry white Santorini Greek wine bottle below : it makes me gravitate with my eyes to it and want to pick it up and pour some wine from it into my Reidel wine-tasting glass .... what a great idea, don't mind if I do ...




I think here that in the picture above Danielle is recording my impressions to remind me of them later. I will ask her this week as I am curious to know what she recorded?




It's interesting for me to see these pictures of myself that you took of me Danielle. It's a new experience for me, really : and I like it.

I was interested in the Santorini white as my daughter spent a week on the island the first week of December 2009. Too bad that I was not there to take her to the various wineries to taste and check out the wines/ as well as the many sights. That would have been fun for all of our family.




I am especially interested in this Quinta Portuguese red as I have no recollection of tasting it. What did I say/think Danielle? Help me out here as I need to know more. Cheers and thanks for this tasting. Dionysos Imports has some really fun and interesting as well as value wine selections to offer us. Until the next time and sorry for such a long delay here in posting this. It happened back on March 25th, 2010 and here it is Tuesday evening at home in northern Virginia at 12:32 AM on now Wednesday early morning, April 21st, 2010. Time for bed sleepy heads... TONY

No comments: