Saturday, February 20, 2010

February 2010 : I Tasted With Lisa Giufre Of Elite The " New Rosaleda " JEAN LEON 2008 Cab. Sauv. & Unoaked 2008 Chardonnay From Penedes, Spain

And both wines are now at Cleveland Park Wines available for purchase ...


Lisa Giufre of Elite Imports brought me In February 2010 these two new JEAN LEON Rosaleda dry " value " wines from Peneded, Spain to try the other day and they have now been in our store at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 sales@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) selling consistently well for the past two weeks. I will soon have to order more.




It's thrilling to have them along with the fancy JEAN LEON Cabernet Sauvignon as they are both the unoaked ( unwooded / stainless steel ) Chardonnay and the Cabernet Sauvignon are well-balanced, flavorful, fruit-obvious medium bodied wines that will complement many a meal and both selling for around $15 a bottle. I'm at home now typing this as this is a blog entry that is way-overdue and I cannot remember the exact price now and will correct this tomorrow once I am back at the store.




I hope you like these artsy photos that I have taken this time more to simply show the joy and the exuberance that each wine has in both color and body and jest. Look above at how frothy and bubbly this vivacious young Barcelona culture capitol Cabernet Sauvignon has. Doesn't it just make you want to touch your lips and reach out and embrace it with your tongue?!? Bathe in it? Yes, it's very sensual, very physical the chord it touches. Just do it - go for it?!? Everybody is looking - so what? Enjoy -




This stainless-steel dry Chardonnay actually vibrates and shimmers and undulates and ripples and reflects the energy of the young Chardonnay grapes-turned-to-wine-just : the warmth and the brilliance of flood-lighted golds just are simply amazing and thrilling and you just can't resist getting closer for a better look - tasting for a release of so much pent-up expectation!




I know that I have gone overboard with my descriptions : I just want you to humor me - I just want you to come buy the wines and taste them and enjoy the experience. It's more than satisfying, really. And here I have the prices now written below ...

The JEAN LEON " Rosaleda " 100% stainless-steel Penedes Spanish Chardonnay 2008, $12.49 is a refreshing white.




This JEAN LEON Spanish dry red " Rosaleda " Cabernet Sauvignon from Penedes sells for $12.49 a bottle and is brand new here in Washington D.C. It just percolates - resonates warmth and vibrancy and frivolity and energy and excitement. You just have to taste it to believe it. What a grand food wine that will complement your burgers and your flank steak and your chili and meat stews, veggie burgers, too ...




Years ago the charming and handsome young owner walked into our store with importer Aurelio Cabestrero of Grapes Of Spain imports. He was such a gentleman and it was such a pleasure to meet and taste his wines once again with him. I had already enjoyed them recently at the Taberna Del Alabadero at a private luncheon-trade wine-tasting and here I was being treated all over again to some of these excellent wines in Cleveland Park with the owner and Aurelio. This was special indeed.

The owner was I believe very happy to be in our store and warmed to my enthusiasm and my picture-taking and guest-book and poster signing. He was inspired to draw a caricature of himself in my guest book and I still treasure both his entry and that drawing of his. Fun and inspired and it sure made me feel special, too. Gracias et hast luego ...

Sp come on by the store anytime now and check these two new JEAN LEON Spanish wines of Penedes out. Cheers, TONY

No comments: