Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chris Of Lanterna Imports Stops By With Current Washington State ELISEO SILVA & BOAR DOE ; DAVID HILL, DOMENICA , MYSTIC To Taste Late 1/ 2010



This was a fun tasting a couple of week's ago and today, Saturday February 5th, 2010 we received the ELISEO SILVA wines ( Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot 2007 ) as well as the DOMENICA 2004 and the BOAR DOE ( 2006 dry red blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Verdot and Malbec from Columbia Valley in Washington State ) , MYSTIC and DAVID HILL ( 2007 Pinot Noir ) wines, too. That's seven wines in all and it will be fun to revisit these wines as Chris Barker and I sell them to our Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel:202-363-4265 , sales@clevelandparkwine.com, www.clevelandparkwine.com ) customers here in our nation's capitol. I will have to look at my notes and even call Chris for some more info as I get ready to recommend these wines to our customers.

I try so many wines and sometimes I need a quick " refresher-cram " course to recall exactly what I thought at the time of tasting the wines. It's hard sometimes as we end up tasting so many wines. Recently this has been accelerated as we try and get Chris caught-up to all the wines that we sell in the store. I want to order those wines that we have tried together so as to make the transition for him to our store smoother and more proactive and efficient as we embrace and wholly draw on his strengths that he has honed over the last two years working at Dean & DeLuca.

This task is both fun, all-consuming and, of course, very tasking. Never a dull moment here at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits!




I will have to add those observations really soon but I am now here at home on Saturday morning, just here in northern Virginia at 12:38 AM on February 6th, 2010 and it is snowing so thickly now that I am afraid I will not be able to get to work tomorrow to sell lots of wine to all of you that need or wish for some wine to both get through this weekend of snow-white-watching as well as Sunday's " Super Bowl " game. Sunday is also a very special day for me, too and not for the " Super Bowl ". I'm looking forward to that, really I am.

So, I do not have now access to my notes on these wines. The photos will have to speak for themselves until a bit later. As you can see the active artist in me has taken some artsy and hopefully insightful pictures with new angles and perspectives and ways to look at the various elements involved and their spacial relationship to one another in each and every picture frame downloaded here.

I cannot recreate the taste for you but I can show you lots with the color and the clarity here and hopefully make you want to rush to Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits to purchase one or more bottles pictured here? Anyone game?




We have lots of woods around our house here in Virginia and I may imagine some of the deer outside now and hope that they are somewhere safe and warm as it is supposed to snow up to 30 inches by the end of tomorrow. That will be a record beating the one that goes all the way back to 1922 supposedly.




I would not mind a glass or two of one or more of these wines over the next 2-3 days. Too bad I forgot to bring one home because of all the activity in the store all day today. I will do this sometime soon as it is always best to try some of the wines we purchase and sell with food as to have some more concrete examples for my customers of how each of these wines might really match and complement the foods we enjoy today.




And Valentine's Day is just right around the corner and I bet that it would be fun to drink some of these wines now and over the next week or so as we gentlemen plot out our Valentine's Day tactics ...




Stay-tuned for more really soon. Thanks Chris for these excellent Lanterna Import wine selections. Cheers, TONY




No comments: