Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Italian Wine Owner Of LIBRANDI Ciro Southern Calabrian- Italian Wines @ Cleveland Park Wines / Later @ Dinner @ Spices W/ Miriam Caporali



I like the more dark and deep colors of this photo of Paolo Librandi through the Reidel wine glass filled with some of Miriam's VALDIPIATTA Rosso di Montepulciano 2006 ( $19.99 ) in it. Paolo has a great smile here. Welcome to Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits ( see the sign behind him? ) for the second time now Paolo.

And now Paolo - welcome back for a third time ( it was yesterday with Jody Jackman of Winebow Imports ) Thursday, March 4th, 2010. It was great to see you again and taste all of your current releases with Winebow : one white and four reds I believe. Today, Friday March 5th, 2010 we will be getting a case each of the dry red and white " Ciro " Calabrian wines made from indigenous grapes to the region ( Bravo for using indigenous grapes Paolo ! ), the Riserva bottle( $19.99 ), too as well as the second to last that we tasted ( $33 ) that was bolder and more earthy, meaty, pithy and thicker-skinned-blood than the more refined and elegant last bottle. When I get to the store soon I will include their names which escape me just now , as well as their vintages.




Miriam Caporali ( owner of Tenuta VALDIPIARRA, Montepulciano, Tuscany ) and owner Paolo Librandi ( LIBRANDI, Calabria, Italy ) take a break after our in-store wine-tasting with Miriam and her VALDIPIATTA wines at Cleveland Park Wines and Spirits ). Check out the blogs that I have posted here on : chatwine.blogspot.com as well as : chatpoetry.blogspot.com - and qynothna.blogspot.com - if you want to stay in a beautiful place in Montelupciano where they filmed recently part of the Trilogy book series ).




Here Paolo is in the back of our store in Cleveland Park, Washington D.C. N.W. on Connecticut Avenue signing some of his bottles of white " Ciro " dry Calabrian wines for me. Boy are they fruit-forward, smooth , bright and really a joy to drink with or without food!




I forgot to mention two things on yesterday's visit to the store : Paolo is engaged to get married or married! One or the other - I have to ask again which? Congratulations Paolo an all the best and all the success to you both.

Also : when Paolo came into the store he asked me if I was still sketching and I said that I was and that I would do another one of him. I did two portrait sketches before he and Jody left and we took pictures of him with them before I gave them to him. He said that he would add them to those I had done at Spices restaurant on his last visit. I liked that.

I will include those pictures and another blog to follow this one that is was overdue now and speak about the wines that he tasted yesterday with Chris Barker and me in the store. Stay-tuned for more on that and read on for more on this visit ...




Here Paolo is concentrated on signing the bottles of his that we had on our shelves. Thanks Paolo. They make great gifts signed like this.

You buy the bottles perhaps in any store but you can't buy them signed in every store!





What a big, happy smile Paolo!




This was a great evening of tasting the wines of owner Miriam Caporali of TENUTA VALDIPIATTA in Montepulciano, Tuscany, Italy : and then enjoying a fabulous meal at Spices restaurant down the block after the tasting with the owner Paolo Librandi ( S.S. 106 C. da San Gennaro 88811 Ciro Marina ( KR ), Calabria , Telefono +39 0962 31518 Fax: +39 0962 370542 p.librandi@librandi.it www.librandi.it ) of the LIBRANDI, Ciro southern Italian wines in mid or early 2009. I will have to check this now.




Dinner at Spices with Patricio, David, Miriam and Paolo Librandi owner/winemaker of LIBRANDI ( of Calabria, Italy ) was one of the nicest meals that I have ever enjoyed : and boy did I relax and enjoy myself.




Actually I relaxed but was amazingly busy as I did sketches there ( quick ones ) of everyone gathered around our table. I'd love to be there again now. Too bad I cannot wiggle my nose like Samantha the witch of the show " Bewitched " ( I'm dating myself as that is really an old t.v. show that was very popular back in the 70's was it? ) and find myself quickly there again as if it was then and nothing had happened since!




Four men and one beautiful woman : this was a nice group and it was fun to talk and laugh and smile and not have to be thinking of selling another bottle of wine at that moment. We had already sold many of Miriam's wine earlier in the store and that quite the treat in itself. Miriam was probably quite tired after that experience of pouring many a glass of wine and signing bottles until her hand was tired I am sure. But she smiled the whole time.




Here we have Patricio and Paolo clowning around for me and my Canon digital camera. I think I got a good shot of the two of them.

As I said, this was a very special evening and I'd like to repeat it again. Any of you game to do this all over again? Let's make a date.

In the meantime I enjoy selling both the LIBRANDI and the VALDIPIATTA wines very much from both Calabria and from Tuscany respectively.

It's now Friday, March 5th, 2010 here at my home in northern Virginia at 8:53 AM and I have to be off to work really soon as there is so much more wine - both LIBRANDI and VALDIPIATTA to sell to our customers for them to enjoy this weekend with their family and friends. Cheers Paolo e a presto! TONY

No comments: