Friday, November 13, 2009

Wine Tasting/ Introduction of LAUREL GLEN, California, Nov. 11th, 2009 , The TERRA DIVINA 2006 Old Vine Malbec, 2006 Valle De Uco, Mendoza, Argentina

This just sort of fell into my lap so to speak. I did not know that LAUREL GLEN winery in California had a " new " wine under their umbrella and yet two days ago Arielle Monaco of the Country Vintners brought it for Mike Martin and me to taste.





It's the New " old-vines Malbec from Argentina called TERRA DIVINA. We tasted the 2006 together in the store and I quite enjoyed it.




A day after that Mrs Stern a family friend of the owners of LAUREL GLEN was in the store at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits where I manage the wine department wanting to buy wines for the Thanksgiving holidays. Of course the usual question came up of whether I had any " Reds " from LAUREL GLEN available? That's when I mnetioned the " new " Argentinian Malbec that they make called " TERRA DIVINA ". Mrs Stern said immediately that she wanted some. She ended up with some of the TERRA ROSA Argentinian Malbec, the " new " TERRA DIVINA and their favorite for everyday drinking REDS. This was a fun sale indeed and I was happy to deliver so many tasty LAUREL GLEN wines in one fell swoop.




I also got a chance to taste the current release of the REDS with Arielle and it tastes so good that Arielle will pour it in the store on Wednesday, November 18th ( 5:30-8:30 PM ) when we do our annual monthly theme " Holiday Wines " wine-tasting. It's a great addition to this tasting from California. We used it last year as well in this same tasting for the upcoming holidays.




I like the new label of the 2006 TERRA DIVINA. I like all the color and we are happy to have it now on our shelves at Cleveland Park Wines & Spirits ( 3423 Connecticut Avenue N.W. Washington D.C. 20008 Tel : 202-363-4265 anthonyquinn@clevelandparkwine.com www.clevelandparkwine.com ) for sale at $19.99 a bottle. Come check it out. I think you will like how forward and approachable ( as well-balanced ) it is. Cheers, TONY

No comments: