Monday, November 2, 2009

Visiting Orvieto, Umbria With My Daughter ( Cantina Barberani ) After Leaving Rome, Driving A Mercedes Benz Automatic In Italy, 10/30/09

As we know since I am in the wine business this was both intense pleasure spending time with my daughter as well as intertwining wine when and wherever I could along with the excellent comfort food , olive oil and all the stunning, soothing, amazing sights all around us. As we often to said to each other that we could take pictures of practically eberything because it all deserved our attention and was so pleasing and impressive.




I always try for a mix of pictures to remember my visits. I try and place the old with the new side by side and try and include posters and whatever ties these pictures to the time that we were there. After all otherwise the pictures could have been taken just about any time or by anyone : I want our own imprint on them to make them ours and special in their own ways.




I love taking pictures of window displays with what they also reflect in them : in this case the stunning Duomo and it's amazing facade. I was blown away by this one in particular. The attention to every detail and every space available on it's entire length and height just blows my mind repeatedly. Cheers and enjoy these photos so far.




Stay-tuned for more as soon as I can get to it. I'm enjoying all of this : it is keeping the week's experiences with me fresh and alive as I don't want to give any of it up as it was truly remarkable : all of it, mostly though having a week with my daughter.




We are thrilled that we stopped to see Orvieto. Everyone said that we should : Alessandro Furlan, Andre Fossi, David Pinzolo and Marco Riminelli - everyone said " stop and admire ". We did and we both were pleased as punch.


I like that there was wine so close to the Duoma like this. Too bad we did not have time to go into the Enoteca and enjoy at least a glass of white Orvieto ( secco or amabile ) before driving on to IL BORRO. But the clock was ticking and we were already late on this unseasonably gorgeous blue-skied, warm and bright day to both IL BORRO and TENUTA VALDIPIATTA. We had people waiting on us and had to push on. Cheers ....










This was an incredible sight, the Duomo of Orvieto. I fell in love with all the work done on the facade : blew me quite literally away on a clear, bright, sunny, baby-blue skied afternoon with my daughter. Enjoy these pictures. We never got a chance to drink any white Orvieto this trip. Oops.. TONY

No comments: