Friday, November 27, 2009

Piensa, Tuscany, Serendipitous Stumbling Upon Period-Piece Italian Movie-Making, Tuscany , Italy , Friday, Oct. 29th, 2009

This was a wonderfully serendipitous experience that swept/washed right over my daughter and I on Friday, October 29th, 2009 in the morning before we met up with my old friend Alessandro Furlan.



We were heading from TENUTA VALDIPIATTA just outside of the town of Monteplulciano, Tuscany and advised to stop in the town of Piensa before getting to the foot of the hill of the town of Montalcino. We were going to meet Alessandro there at the famous gas station Eis or Ies ( ? ) - something like that. Alessandro told me that it is a famous meeting spot for those coming to Montalcino for the rossos and the great Brunellos.




We had to stop before we got there and snap some pictures of the countryside of Tuscany as it was taking our breath away this morning. I have included a couple of those pictures as much for the blue/wispy white rolls of cloud infused into it here to set the mood of the bigger picture around the town of Piensa.

I have also included the picture of the trees turning a beautiful yellow to show the season that we were in here the last week of October, 2009.

The weather was unseasonably beautiful and warm and clear and pretty and we could be outside and feel perfectly comfortable without bundling up for either the cold or the wind of which there were neither. This was our weather all week long : what great fortune for us.




Walking through this totally unexpected spectacle of a historical movie getting ready to be filmed this morning was a delight. I am only glad that I had both my Canon camera and the good sense to start snapping away as I did here even before I really knew what I was capturing.

These pictures do tell a story and I am sure that they will delight and surprise those that see it and may have been a part of it all.




Many of the actors in their period piece costumes/outfits saw me snapping or at least pointing my camera in their direction. Some smiled, some looked away into the distance as if they were transported to their own worlds. Perhaps in their heads they were rehearsing their lines? I do not know. They might have been psyching themselves into their roles as the filming was probably about to get underway any moment. I wish that we had had the time to wait and to see them start acting. They looked so good in their period pieces that I would have delighted to see them and hear them acting. I could have caught some of this on video. As it is we will just have to wait and see the movie sometime in the future.




Enjoy these quick snap shots that I made as my daughter and I walked along pausing every now and then to soak a bit more of it all in. It was a treat for me to look at all the pictures this early evening and then again just now to see what I had actually captured in digital format. I am pleased and it made me happy to see them and to be able to look at them carefully. I will look again and probably add more as I have the chance. They do inspire me and remind me of this fun moment in my life that I shared with my daughter and all these actors. TONY
















No comments: